McLaren MP4/5B under construction

R

Richy C

Hi guys , after finnishing my desert repect dio I`ve gone back to my roots and started a F1 tamiya 1/20 McLaren mp4/5b , got it cheap of ebay and being nearly 20yrs old the decals looked a bit worn and yellowed so the only bit I`ve changed is the decals apart from this it will be out of the box , as usual with a model like this its painted/airbrushed and decaled up before putting together, with the bodywork its been airbrushed with zero white and mclaren red/orange and a couple of tamiya clear coats X-22 and then the decals were put on and is the stage you see now , next stage is another 2-3 coats with tamiya cear then a tamiya compound finnish polish to finnish I`ve never used this stuff before and hoping it gives a nice shine when finnished , as usual I`m on another learning curve with this model

Richy

View attachment 17804View attachment 17806View attachment 17805

View attachment 25623

View attachment 25624

View attachment 25625

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

B

bikerbart

Richy, what a stunning finish youve got there already mate. Never dreamed of doing an F1 build but seeing this makes me wanna do one right now!!! Loking forward to seeing this all come together bud, regards Martin :smiling:

G

garethm

Richy I have heard that Ron Dennis is looking for someone who has just nicked one of his Mclarens, excellent work, why is it I see other peoples work and feel like giving up? Seriously though the bodywork is fabulous, lets see the engine when done?

Cheers Gareth.

B

Backbreaker

Excellent build Richy, the finish is superb, it would look great in a Parc Ferme Dio.

Joolz.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Work of art Richy and five stars mate, this is beautiful.

Have fun, John

B

backonthecase

Gareth I agree, sometimes I see things like this and say bugger what am I doing in this hobby but it's all about enjoyment and learning!!

Very very good work Richy!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I like that a lot! Some nice work there. I'm ever so slightly tempted to have a go at one. I'm a lapsed F1 fan I'm afraid but I do like the slightly older cars.

Steve