Me-109 G2 1:33 Orlik

J

Johnny

I have now decided to start to build a plane.

I choose the Me109 G2 from Orlik since it's an fairly easy aircraft to start with and the constructor is well known for his good fit.I hope you're not fed up with the Me's.....

I started with the cockpit as I have seen most builders do :smiling3:

Here I have put together the main cockpit construction

And started with the interior.....as you can see I added some dirt at the rear end :smiling3:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Fed up with this mighty aircraft? That thing kicks butt-being a huge fan of the 109-where do you get those? I'm amazed with the amount of detail achieved from paper! Take care, Jeff

R

rjwood_uk

never too fed up of any of the ww2 fighters. what made you decide to try a plane?

i will be attempting to do a huge 1/32 card F-15C soon. its going to be a challenge but something i will take at a very slow pace.

B

Bunkerbarge

Having seen the amazing results that you get with your armour models I am looking forward to seeing how card deals with the complex curves of an aircraft.

The nose of the 109 G is an excellent example with a very curved shape so you couldn't have picked a better example to demonstrate.

J

Johnny

Hello guys!

I'm glad another Me-109 didn't scare you off :smiling3:

I decided to build a plane since I also have quite a pile of airplane models....

Looking forward to see your build of the f15 Richard!! Who's the publisher?

J

Johnny

I got some smallwork done before my lateshift today.

The pilots seat

Seatbelts

And the pedals

J

Johnny

Today I made the trim wheel,control stick and the instrument panel.

Just a few "rivets" missing on the stab trimwheels

A

AerynPk

Well done mate that is some wonderful detail there. Keep it going. The ME is a wonderful plane. My dad was a german aviation fan and i have grown to love them as well. They are some brilliant designs.

B

Bunkerbarge

The level of detail, as with all your armour models is stunning. I'm looking forward to watching this go together!

A

alan2525

Does this kit have lots of removable panels with interior detail?

Looks excellent so far - seeing that seat in the cockpit reminds one just how small the little ME109 was too.

J

Johnny

Hello guys and girl! Thanks for your nice comments!!

This model has no removable panels,but I'm going to make some planes from Halinski and they really have a lot of internal details such as engine bomb wells etc etc.

J

Johnny

Made the side panels

The left panel installed

Then I put on the first skin

And started the preparation for the front part with the guns

J

Johnny

Thanks Richard!

I did some skinning today.The front segment with the guns and the segment rear of the cockpit.

J

Johnny

Another part of the fuselage is in place

I also did the internal framing of the wings

J

Johnny

Paint is something I have problems with because of my colorblindness.....

Here is my solution :smiling3:

This is 2 liters of paint......I need a teaspoon :smiling3:

So over to the plane!

Dryfitting the part after shaping, and I made some connection strips on the inside of each section to be sure it stayed together.

The cover under the cowling

I also made some new machineguns with a barrel this time :smiling3:

I also skinned the centerpart of the wings.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
This is unbelievable-I'm ashamed that I use plastic for my 109's! Truly inspired as I now go to the workbench. Great job!!!!