Me 109 K4 Hasegawa 1/32

A

ajcmac

A little sad with my first model on large scales I decided to stop and start a new model. I hope this time goes. A Me 109 K4 on the scale of Hasegawa 1/32.

The interior already painted.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin good. Can't wait to watch this be built

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice António, i'll be popping back in to see this build. Looking forward to it.

Have fun, John

A

ajcmac

Fuselage already glued and ready to bring the interior.

B

bikerbart

Some truely stunning work in progress here...really enjoying seeing this come together well done :smiling:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is looking very nice Antonio. Nice work in the wheel wells with your weathering.

Steve

F

Fenlander

You certainly know how to lift the detail, very nicely done.

A

ajcmac

Help

I've seen in some forums that the doors of the rear landing gear K4 do not open. I've seen pictures with the train doors open.

Which one is correct?

I have these two images.

Thanks

F

Fenlander

Is it that they open them to raise or lower but close when the wheel is in position? Could be the open ones in the pic are for maintenance or something. Just guessing really.....

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Antonio I missed your post. The answer is that both are possible. There were problems with the retraction system for the tail wheel on this model so they were often fixed in a down position. By the time the K4 was produced different parts (including tail wheel assemblies) were being fitted and many airframes were upgraded making it difficult to say what exactly they were. Unless you have a good image of your aircraft you can't go wrong.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

Model ready to paint. I'm waiting for the decal of Eagle Stike. Only then will I choose the paint scheme.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm interested to see what you decide. Good fun these late war aircraft. Yours certainly looks ready for paint.

I found a picture on my HD of a fixed tail wheel. It's scanned from a Japo book but (apologies to Messrs. Janda and Poruba) I'm not sure which.

Cheers

Steve

View attachment 24329

Japobf109K.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ajcmac

Already got the sheet of decals from Eagle Strike

with Eduard mask painting.

The model with the number 186.

The sheet indicates where can I find a photo of the plane.

Messeschmitt Bf109K Camouflage and Markings Part I and Part II.

Japo Publications.

Does anyone, who has the book, can provide a photograph? "Photo ref. 1 part II page 61 and Photo ref.1 part 1 page 57 .

Thanks

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't get to that book until August! I'm afraid I don't have anything on my computer either. The camouflage is typical of machines in the 334xxx batch from the Regensburg plant. You may be able to find something similar. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cheers

Steve