Me CR .03 conversion is blowing bubbles

B

Buttonman

Hi guys

been doing some low pressure 10-15psi using vall acrilics, after about 5-10 mins the cup starts bubbling right out of the cup?

Any advise most appriciated

Cheers

Martin

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Sounds like a blockage somewhere, have you tried scraping the tip on the needle with your thumb nail make sure there is not paint dried on it

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like its either false air = nozzle not screwed home.

Or a blockage in the nozzle. Rinse it out, remove the needle, clean it with a solvent cleaner and try again just spray some water, to check it out. It might be a good idea to remove the spray nozzle and give that a clean with a fine paint brush with some solvent on.

Ian M

R

RickBrown

Sounds like it needs a good rinse through with cleaner (the Vallejo works well for me, then follow it with Iwata's own brand). Also, check you have a good seal around the nozzle cap etc, bit of beeswax will do it.

Mine does this when using acrylics for any length of time, especially at low pressures. Using a retardant really helps. Maybe its me, but Tamiya seems to do it more than Vallejo.

G

Gomer Pyle

Could also be a crack in the nozzle itself, I've had that happen to me once.

/Daniel

B

Buttonman

It gets stripped every time i use it and checked the nozzles fine the needle is fine i expect it's me not wanting to wreck the thread by over tightening, With the CR does the third section come off? the line below the cup that the nozzle cap screws on too?

Cheers

Martin

M

m1ks

It's happening after a few minutes of spraying, what's happening is the paint is drying on the tip of the needle and / or in the nozzle, the pressure is finding the weakest link back to the cup which is round the threaded seal, the CR doesn't seal with a rubber o-ring like cheaper brushes so if the pressure is great enough it's the first point air will leak through regardless of the machining quality.

The solution is to thin more, use a retarder, spray in a cooler area or use a longer drying paint like enamel.

The only other way is to spray with the fan cap removed so you can frequently wipe the needle clean.