me109 bf e-7 1/32

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi all -- lloking for some gallery pics of a completed me109bf with the cowling open showing the detail of the engine ... am about to start a kit and am keen to get as much detail on the engine as possible. Tx a lot

T

T. van Vuuren

Howzit SAGuy?

I had a good site with lots of 109 stuff, can't recll it now but I am sure someone here will get you good info.

Check out the following site ,< primeporthole.net > go to "the airstrip, scroll down on the right hand side "props" and see theMe 109 G 4 Rotte 7

Theuns

JoBurg. SA

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
howsit theuns ...... that is a very good site ........ tx a lot.

cheers

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's some real ones to give you an idea.

And out of the airframe.

Nice stipple there Ron!

Cheers

Steve

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi theuns - out of interest which model shop do u use in jhb .... the aviation shop on beyers? looking for rlm colours for my me109 as well. tx man

T

T. van Vuuren

That will be the one! What RLM scheme will you be putting on? I just did my Tamiya 1/48 190E in Med Trop collours. I used Testors on it and it as actually close. IIRC lifecollour has the RLM code on it as the guys at Aviation shop showed me, I didn't get it as is a tad expensive for me.

I actually struck a bit of luck and found some Humbrll 122 in a toy shop in Cresta mall, it is very close to the RLM light blue. Can't fiqure out why they don't make it anymore.I think they still have a few tins for R20-00 each

Theuns

PS. where u based?

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi theuns . i am in sundowner ... near to northgate. am looking for ......rlm74 (graugrun), rlm75 (grauviolet), rlm76 (lichtblau), rlm81 (braunviolet), rlm82 (hellgrun) ................still trying to make up my mind between mid and late war camo patterns (asked my kids to choose one and true to form they each chose a different one so we will see ........) will most be likely going down to the shop later today (if they r open that is!). tx for the tip on the humbrol one .... maybe thay have one in the aviation shop ........... cheers

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there .... posted some pics of the completed engine in the member's gallery .... not quite sure how to place the pics in the thread. Added a few bits .... think they r the engine coolant and oil holders on either side of the engine (my terminology is not good as i have very limited knowledge of me109 engines) which i saw on steve's pics. Made them from a piece of sprue and a broken piece from a washing basket!! Painted in silver and then dirtied with some black wash. Added some pipes from electrical cord and some from painted cotton thread ... think it turned out ok .Any comments welcome ... positive / negative ..... cheers

T

T. van Vuuren

Posting pix in thread - go to "go advanced" in the posting page, go to manage atachments, select pix from harddrive and then upload pix to the reply.

Are you a member of goldreef modlers IPMS that meet at the war meseum tomorrow? I will be attending.

Theuns