Me262 two for one.

F

Fenlander

This is a very interesting build and it looks really good, love the BMF. Have to say I have never seen one finished like this and it is just superb.

Patrick, I would think that Alclad is a bit OTT for using as a base coat. If you are thinking of the bare metal for 'chipping' back to, one of the popular paint options for the metal base coat is Citadel 'Mithril Silver' for aluminium or "Chain Mail' for steel. Alclad is a lacquer based paint and is really designed to give a finish as it can need quite a lot of preparation to get a good finish. Would then be a shame to paint over it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Steve, another superb result, well done. Im so glad you decided to leave it in the natural metal finish ,its so different and youve made such a great job of it ,it would have been a crime to cover it up . 5 stars from me ! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:emo1::emo1::emo1::emo1:

That is one fine lppoking bird you have built Steve.

Bet you are glad you made the chioce you did! Well done.

As a thought, next time you feel the urge to do a two for one type of thing, why not build the kit in two halfs and mount it on a bord or mirror.....Hm...

Could be a problem with the canopies though.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks very much for the kind words chaps. I am glad I stuck with the NMF,it certainly stands out on the shelf! I will get the ISS1 version done one day. Thanks again.

Cheers

Steve