Me309 1/48 Czech

T

treyzx10r

I started my pair 'o' 9's build ,one will have the alternate proto tail. The resin goodies look good

The resin parts are pretty clean

the IP are not cleanly molded tho

Well closed canopy builds so should'nt hurt too much

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, fantastic work on those cockpits Trey. I had to look up to see what a ME309 was, looks like they tried to sort out the undercarriage width issue as well as creating a tricycle gear.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You can certainly pick the unusual ones Trey! I'm looking forward to seing this project come along.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Michael
Hi Trey, really cool build you got going here, V.V cool subject and superb job on those cockpits. M

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks ,yes sadly the aircraft was a marginal performer and they also had a bad nose wheel shimmy.

Steve you're right I do like the odd ones,thanks hope its a worthy project.

Thanks Michael!

I've fitted the resin inner wheel wells and they required a ton of sanding the fit was'nt even close! Then the tail was lopped off and the smaller one added. No locating pins on anything but alignment was good and the seams not too terrible after a dose of tenax.

Next I'll join the wings and tail feathers

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ian

I've replaced the front gear actuator arm with some guitar string

The wings were set to the proper angle and then the seams smoothed over with some putty

Side intakes added and gear bays painted RLM 02

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Michael!I'm making steady progress ,hope to have the paint complete over the long weekend

T

treyzx10r

I got the RLM76/74/75 on ,the rounded smaller tail version has a slightly different variation on the top cammo,the lines are more irregular. I'm not sure about accuracey but thats what the instructions show and I ca'nt find any other pics to dispute it

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ole!I've got the gear done and the front doors are a real treat to deal with,not! Decals are simply a nightmare,very brittle and even with a precautionary spray of bonder some are still falling apart! Some lead shot has been glued in the nose and the spinners to keep it from tail sitting. Hope to save what I can of the decals ,we'll see.

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks!The 309's survived the decal session(barely)one was almost returned to kit form ! I'm going to do some very light weathering and some slight exhaust stains next and wrap it up