Meanwhile, somewhere in Europe

D

Deleted member 5496

Nice work Gerry. Look forward to your progress.

Laurie

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Laurie.
Must admit that I've been working on the figures mainly - just got to buy a 1/35 Panzer III (only need about half the bucket from the kit!) or perhaps not - I should be able to 'scratch' the part I need.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice start Gerry. Shall grab a seat before the Rabble get here.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'll sit next to JR.......he needs someone to wipe his chin when he starts to drool :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out: :thumb2: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Count me in too Gerry...I like anything that's dio related. Also I have to help Rick with John...besides the drooling I have the fire extinguisher ready. :smiling6::tears-of-joy::tongue-out3:

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I'll sit next to JR.......he needs someone to wipe his chin when he starts to drool :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out: :thumb2: Rick H.
Count me in too Gerry...I like anything that's dio related. Also I have to help Rick with John...besides the drooling I have the fire extinguisher ready. :smiling6::tears-of-joy::tongue-out3:

Cheers,
Richard
Glad to have you join us - plenty of room, though be warned that I may well be asking for advice on how to do bits, seeing as this is only the second one I've tried and there are some experts in the house! ;) :upside:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Starting - held together by sticky tape and spit at the moment, but got the road levels sorted (sort of) - just trying to blend in the uphill side of things (think that the photographer angled downhill a bit)
IMG_20210403_201406250.jpg
IMG_20210403_201356622.jpg
IMG_20210403_201600527.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
What a nifty idea to create perspective Gerry. Will that image be a permanent background to your dio?

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
What a nifty idea to create perspective Gerry. Will that image be a permanent background to your dio?

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, was planning on having it as a removable screen so that photos can be taken from that end, but mainly kept in place, but the idea of removing it might get shelved if it's going to be awkward to do - at the moment, it's all held together with tape (and a prayer!)
Will be sorting out the base next, now that I've got the size (at least in one direction!)

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Count me in too Gerry,
I absolutely love your finish on the truck, which just happens to be one of my favourite vehicles .
Watching all the way mate.
Andy

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks for the compliment - nice to work with something of a size to actually see what's happening, the outfit, while enjoyable, was a tad small - hopefully future builds will be as good or better (always trying to improve!)
Hopefully I'll be able to give you all something to watch!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Count me in too Gerry,
I absolutely love your finish on the truck, which just happens to be one of my favourite vehicles .
Watching all the way mate.
Andy
Forgot to say - the finish on the loadbed was done with a thin wash of 'khaki drill', with the metal picked out with the base colour, as wooden boards will lose the colour, but the paint 'stays' on metal.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Forgot to say - the finish on the loadbed was done with a thin wash of 'khaki drill', with the metal picked out with the base colour, as wooden boards will lose the colour, but the paint 'stays' on metal.
Thats good observation Gerry to put on the list.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gerry
What a great idea. Watching with interest.
Jim

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Now getting the contours in and finding levels, also finding out just how smaller space I'm going to have for the figures and vehicles - dropped the towed PAK, so a bit more space to play with. Looks a right mess at the moment - had to 'widen' the uphill side road (good old Paint Shop Pro). Almost all of the cardboard will eventually come out, to be replaced by balled up paper (should then give humps and hollows) the walls are represented by folded card, but giving an idea of the space needed.
IMG_20210405_210711108.jpg
IMG_20210405_210719774.jpg
Next stage is getting the base cut (at the moment it's just sitting taped to a work area) and the 'groundwork' can be started

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is quite the undertaking Gerry. I expect you will be at it for some time, but I think the concept is exceptional and I am looking forward to seeing how this develops. :thumb2: Rick H.

Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That is quite the undertaking Gerry. I expect you will be at it for some time, but I think the concept is exceptional and I am looking forward to seeing how this develops. :thumb2: Rick H.
So am I looking forward as to how it develops! :tongue-out3:
Trouble is, I've got the ideas, just hope that I've the skill/patience/time to 'pull it off' - my only hope is that it doesn't develop into a nightmare!
Still, I've the dimensions for the base now - 397mm (width of photo) x 340

Reactions: JR