Meat Shed

L

Lobster Johnson

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a little diorama which will involve a tightly composed section of a pair of timber workshop sheds. The smaller section of the two is a storage area for waste processing and chemical drums. There is a narrow brick floored alley connecting and then a larger area comprising a corridor and work room. The project is not supposed to be entirely realistic and I have somewhat abstracted the building construction in a similar manner to a cut away picture.

There is still a lot to do and I still have to attempt to sculpt an offal pile but here is where I'm at:

The bucket still needs painting and filling. The large tank also needs its contents finishing and drips added. I also want to add a few bits and bobs to the floor and maybe an electrical cable to the wall. I also need the supporting beams on this side inserting. Busy stuff!

Once the structural elements are complete I plan on adding a fair old amount of gore in the form of chunks of flesh.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking great Dale, like this very much.

Si:smiling3:

L

Lobster Johnson

Thanks Si. Not a huge amount to show as yet but it is progressing. By the way, do the barrels look OK to you? I was trying to find a good flaking paint tutorial on the net but most seem to involve an airbrush so I just had to paint them manually with a brush.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Look okay to me. One method you can do to get a patchy look is to use the salt method, easier than chipping IMO. You will need a couple of spray cans, car paint etc. Spray the barrel the base colour, could be primer red-or white, grey, black etc, once dry you use ordinary table salt, water and a soft brush, just apply some water and then sprinkle salt on where you want the patches to go, I use a finger and mix the salt with water and rub on in places. Once done, you spray your top coat, red etc, once dry just knock the salt off with an old toothbrush or even your finger, the bottom coat shows through in places. Now you can use a bit of black and some white spirit to create stains and runs, just dab some black and then use a cotton bud with some white spirit and just add to the to the paint it will dilute it and make it run.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Lovely little build!

I really like it Dale, you have nailed the general colour, is magnificent ;)

Great!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Lovely little build!I really like it Dale, you have nailed the general colour, is magnificent ;)

Great!
do like it alot ,great colors on the shed and drums, and the way Si, said works so very well,i use that as well :rolleyes:

look forward to seeing more, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work I thought the barrels were airbrushed and yes as Si says the salt method is nice and easy and gives a really good effect.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'm liking the look of this...can't wait until it gets to the bare bones o_O:oops:

Lee :smiling3:

L

Lobster Johnson

Really big thanks to everyone!

I'd quite like a length of coloured hose (probably green or blue) snaking across the floor and a fuse box in the top right corner. Hopefully I can get a chance tomorrow.