Meccano Dragon Rapide.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Shown here on display at Baxterley airstrip is my 11 foot span Meccano Dragon Rapide model,she has full interior detail including seats,control column,instruments,wheel pants,two electric motors and rigging wires,the Rapide is one of my all time favourite aircraft and I wanted something sturdy to display the elegant lines of this classic machine,she took two years of work to complete and gave me lots of problems to solve on how best to get the shapes required,do you think she gave me a lot of pleasure to build her.

View attachment 6945

/monthly_2004_06/57272b6b308f9_Rapmecc2.jpg.ccf2331a3e2d3b2a37fd0e1df9bd4387.jpg

View attachment 11590

View attachment 12240

Rap#mecc2.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice model and a lot of Meccano but the end result is worth it...!!!

Regards..........Mark :respect1:

A

<<ANDY>>

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I take my hat off to you

The detailing on that bird looks fantastic, I admire your skill, imagination patience

:bravo:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thank you Andrew,much appreciated,sadly the model had to be dismantled back into spares ( typically Meccano ) as I could not find space for the model once we moved last year.

A

alan2525

Looked like a great model - reminds me of when I visited the Pegasus Bridge museum in Normandy - they had an excellent mecano model of the bridge, complete with a control panel and big light up push buttons to operate the bridge, next to the control gear was a rather annoying "DO NOT TOUCH" sign, anyhow being a sucker for pressing buttons in museums displays I ignored the sign and found out the buttons didn't operate anyhow!

Here's a pic of the model:

pegasusbridge270807wz9.gif

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Thank you Andrew,much appreciated,sadly the model had to be dismantled back into spares ( typically Meccano ) as I could not find space for the model once we moved last year.
You broke it up ??? slap your wrist you bad man, couldn't you have fixed it to your ceiling ?

ian.