Medieval Tower , my new build.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Sue,
That looks very interesting,i have a liking for this type of thing,and have made several different subjects from scratch,but in 1/12th Scale,(Approx!!),
I`m sure you`ll have fun with this,i shall follow along for sure :thumb2: ,
Good luck,
Andy

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Sue SORRY i missed the the unboxing of your new build as i was watching a utube vid on all about the last war mission of the memphis bele but now ive seen what you will be doin WOW what a build this will keep you busy for yonks as the guys have said good luck an have fun on the building an id love to see it as a spooky tower all covered in ivy if you can an if you dont know ask the dio guys on here as there are plenty of them for eg. RON 570 an J/R an Tim an PaulE an Jim R just to name a few
ATB
Chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI Sue SORRY i missed the the unboxing of your new build as i was watching a utube vid on all about the last war mission of the memphis bele but now ive seen what you will be doin WOW what a build this will keep you busy for yonks as the guys have said good luck an have fun on the building an id love to see it as a spooky tower all covered in ivy if you can an if you dont know ask the dio guys on here as there are plenty of them for eg. RON 570 an J/R an Tim an PaulE an Jim R just to name a few
ATB
Chris an jen
Don't worry Chris I only took pics of it.
I think there was a film about the Memphos belle made a few years ago. Very interesting I will look at utube for Memphos belle.
I will learn from the challenges from making the manger build this one will be a little bit better.
Good ideas for ivy, give the build a very old overgrown, neglected look.
Xx sue.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Wow, that's going to keep you busy Sue! Looking forward to following along.
It will keep me busy yes Peter.
I don't think I will complete it in a day though peter more like a three month time I think.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Sue,
That looks very interesting,i have a liking for this type of thing,and have made several different subjects from scratch,but in 1/12th Scale,(Approx!!),
I`m sure you`ll have fun with this,i shall follow along for sure :thumb2: ,
Good luck,
Andy
Thanks Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Don't worry Chris I only took pics of it.
I think there was a film about the Memphos belle made a few years ago. Very interesting I will look at utube for Memphos belle.
I will learn from the challenges from making the manger build this one will be a little bit better.
Good ideas for ivy, give the build a very old overgrown, neglected look.
Xx sue.

HI Sue yea that memphis bele was all about the real last bombing mission the 25th mission an they were very lucky to survive it all an very intresting as it also shows how they rebuilt her with new parts ready to go on public show in a mueseum an yes you learnt a good deal on your manger build which will hold you in good stead on this tower build an yes give it the neglected look will look ideal on someting like this full of spooky things to make us all shiver lol but im not sayin how you should build it Sue just let your imaginenaion run riot an see what you come up with as i will be very intrested to see the fininshed build an so will the guys an gals
stay safe an well Sue

chris an jen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Should be fun Sue, I'll tag along please.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm on the front row, sat on 453's lap - again! Why me?!

Looking forward to this, Sue. Great to see something different on here too.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Susan
That looks very interesting and most unusual. Looks as if there is enough there to keep you busy for a while. What is it made of? It will be interesting to see how it goes.
Jim

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Susan
That looks very interesting and most unusual. Looks as if there is enough there to keep you busy for a while. What is it made of? It will be interesting to see how it goes.
Jim
Hi Jim. I think I will be a while before I finish this tower. I am not sure what the bricks or tiles are made of as it does not say on the box or instructions either, but if I hit them with a hammer they break into tiny pieces. The base is wood with cardboard base over top. The buildings are cardboard with bricks on the side. There is a tiny bag of plaster in the kit. I will post pictures as I build it.
Happy building.
Sue.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Sue.......just stumbled onto this I'll sit with John (453) and Ron (570).......I like the idea of overgrown ivy, sort of adds a whole different look from the box art....I didn't see what scale this is.........great looking model, I hope you have fun with it.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've got cramp !

Ref 570 sitting on my knee !

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I've got cramp !

Ref 570 sitting on my knee !
:thinking: :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5: Well John bounce 570 off then as im sure he will bounce lol Sue has only just started this build i think an it may be a while before any pics as she a very busy young lady
chris