Medieval Tower , my new build.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
YEA Sue i love your arches the way you have done the brick work there is brilliant an it must take a lot of energy to file down them bricks ? do you use a hand file or like me when i want to sand somthing down use a dremel with a grinding bit fitted an its taken down in a few seconds flat but very nice work Sue
chris jen
Thank you Chris, I just use ordinary sandpaper and a bit of elbow grease lol. I never thought of using a dremel.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Well thank you Rick. Yaaaay finished my apprenticeship l like the sound of that Rick, it's certainly is a journey a bumpy one with my bricks.
Lots of sanding to do now before I can go on. Funny thing is when I'm laying the bricks I feel like I'm beening watched.
Meaning the animals are hiding again .

Pr.Merlin

Paul
First Name
Paul
Great stuff Sue - coming along nicely! I love the look of the stone work, and if you don't mind me saying... beautifully executed too! I can almost hear those medieval accents chattering away in amongst the busyness of the arched doorways. "A quart of beer for you kind Sir!" I hear her say. "Thank you my maid!" He replies. I can feel a story coming on...

An inspiration of creativity. Top banana. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well...Well, Look who showed up......Glad you're back Sue! We have been missing out on your progress, but now you are back you can "Dazzle" us with your cunning workmanship and crafty masonry skills!
I'm looking forward to the latest pics. :thumb2: Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Well...Well, Look who showed up......Glad you're back Sue! We have been missing out on your progress, but now you are back you can "Dazzle" us with your cunning workmanship and crafty masonry skills!
I'm looking forward to the latest pics. :thumb2: Rick H.

Well well :tongue-out3:yep im back for a bit so watch this space. :thumb2::smiling:. sooty sue .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI YOUNG LADY my god Sue WOW you have been stickin in on that brickwork as the last time i see it over yours wnen we came to vist you a couple of wks ago you only had a few rows of bricks done you'll make a brickie yet lol an will you be painting the bricks grey at all or just left as they are ? an jen an i love them archways you have done the brick work looks fabulas great work young lady
chris an jen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great job on this Sue.........really coming along and yes, it needs a critter or two lurking in the shadows. :tongue-out3:
Chris mentioned paint but I'm wondering if just a wash and some highlighting might be effective also? Just a thot. Keep up the good work Sue. :thumb2: Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI YOUNG LADY my god Sue WOW you have been stickin in on that brickwork as the last time i see it over yours wnen we came to vist you a couple of wks ago you only had a few rows of bricks done you'll make a brickie yet lol an will you be painting the bricks grey at all or just left as they are ? an jen an i love them archways you have done the brick work looks fabulas great work young lady
chris an jen
Thank you Chris and jen. Its coming along slow but sure Chris. I think I will visit a castle to see how the brick's are with age. I hadn't though about painting them a idea to think about though Chris . Say hi to jen for me. Your boat Chris is coming along nicely looking goodfabulous.
..... Sue x

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The stonework looks really good, well done you.

Andy.
YEA Andy Sue is doin a good job on this build as it must be awkward to cut them bricks an then sand them all down an it looks a long job but she will do it as she is one very determined young lady
chris

Pr.Merlin

Paul
First Name
Paul
Hey Sue, looking great! :cool:

You say there are no hidden things today, but I can see a face in the stonework. I'm going to tell you where because it's hidden! :tongue-out3: :smiling:

This is good inspiration for me to get on with mine, and I will be back on it soon. :thumb2:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hey Sue, looking great! :cool:

You say there are no hidden things today, but I can see a face in the stonework. I'm going to tell you where because it's hidden! :tongue-out3: :smiling:

This is good inspiration for me to get on with mine, and I will be back on it soon. :thumb2:
Thanks Paul. I think I did sneak a animal in hiding in the build . Keep on building Paul. .... Sue.