Medieval Tower , my new build.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi. I'm sorry I have not been on here lately, busy at work. The build will be on going, I'm waiting for a delivery of more "get up and go energy" for me. I'm going to get the sanding done today.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi. I'm sorry I have not been on here lately, busy at work. The build will be on going, I'm waiting for a delivery of more "get up and go energy" for me. I'm going to get the sanding done today.
HI Sue well dont sand it down to much or you will take away all the towers medievil looks an as for get up an go energy try a bottle of lucozaide lol or jens got plenty of get up an go as she is now at c/b sale since 6am an i'll try an bottle some of her energy to send to you lol have a fun filled day
ATB chris an jen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
My get up and go, got up and went.......been moving fire wood for a couple of weeks now and I'm more than a little pooped. But it will be nice and cozy this winter as nothing heats like a wood burning stove. Looking forward to seeing how the sanding goes Sue....keep us posted :thumb2: Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI Sue well dont sand it down to much or you will take away all the towers medievil looks an as for get up an go energy try a bottle of lucozaide lol or jens got plenty of get up an go as she is now at c/b sale since 6am an i'll try an bottle some of her energy to send to you lol have a fun filled day
ATB chris an jen
Hi Chris, good idea an energy drink yeah I will get some tomorrow. I've only given it a lite sanding so it looks how the bricks look after years of rain water on them.
Now for the finishing of the brick work yaaaay, then the fun begins and to let my imagination let riot
It's amazing what you can pick u on a car boot..

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
My get up and go, got up and went.......been moving fire wood for a couple of weeks now and I'm more than a little pooped. But it will be nice and cozy this winter as nothing heats like a wood burning stove. Looking forward to seeing how the sanding goes Sue....keep us posted :thumb2: Rick H.
Blimey Rick you will have arms like popeye. Poor you chopping wood for 3 weeks, wow.
But its will be worth the hard work in end when you are enjoying your wood burning stove , lovely and cosy warm.
I've only lightely sanded it down. The build continues onwards. . X sandysue .

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi . Sorry i have not been on here much anyway pics :surprised:of the build . Don't get to excited:smiling5: as its not much as i am having to redo some bits i , well i learn from building mistakes lol:smiling:.
Firstly the water well wasn't level and i used the wrong pieces lol, second was the edge of the tower bricks.
and to top it off i almost super glued my fingers to the glue bottle :tears-of-joy:. The cardboard roof pieces underneath i painted them a terracota colour so when on the tiles are on top it will match. I'm not going to give up as its just a few hic-cups glitches in the build .:worried::disappointed:.oh well.IMG_5535.JPGIMG_5534.JPGIMG_5532 - Copy.JPGIMG_5528.JPGIMG_5529.JPGIMG_5530 - Copy.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Sue
This is such an unusual build it will always throw up problems. You're getting there and it looks good.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You can now consider your self as a true modeller Sue with " i almost super glued my fingers to the glue bottle "
The next thing is you will loose a piece and find it later glued to your arm.

Loving the build.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI SUE yes you heard the guys an yes we all have a few hicups on our build so dont worry just carry on an enjoy doin it an have fun to think well this is all my own work no one eles but ME ME ME ps Sue regards gluein yourself to the c/a bottle yes ive done that loads of times now you know why i havnt got any finger prints lol
chris an jen

Last edited:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
IMG_5541.JPGIMG_5542.JPGIMG_5543.JPGIMG_5544.JPG:thumb2::smiling4: hi model friends. i have not done much to the build lately ,but i will put the roof on tomorrow hopefully . pictures are a bit fuzzy :surprised:. there's no hidden things this time .

Attachments

• IMG_5545.JPG
    IMG_5545.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 0

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Sue
Looks good. It must be a great sense of achievement to have got it to the stage of the roof going on.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI SUE very well done so far an we love your tower battlements really sets the tower off looks great little madam an will look even better with the roofs on now to make it look spooky Oooohhhhhhhh lol
hope you are well sue
ATB jen an chris