MENG 1/35 GCT 155mm Auf1 '' During the IFOR mission ''

V

virtue66

Good day to you guys. Hope you all having a nice sunny, summer days. Weather here in London is crap though.

Anyway,I just finished another Kit. It's the GCT 155mm AUF1 from MENG. I'm not going to put in here how is the kit as a lot of review has already covered that when it came out. However, if you are building this, glue the infernal suspension (unless you want to put this on a diorama) and invest in another track set ( either metal tracks or other plastic offering).

For colour, I bought some AMMO paint to test it out.

The interior is painted using Tamiya light blue and Vallejo ModelColour White. Tamiya light blue has a very strong blue tone ModelColour white was use to bring it down. The chipping inside and outside are done with AMMO chipping colour.

Since I knew this was going to be a hard edge, I bought the pre made masks from J's model works.

Wanting to show a used up vehicle, I opted to use the IFOR decals from the kit and put on the '' Mont Igman 1995 '' decals to depict a vehicle used in the IFOR mission. As such, I decided to go heavy on the chippings, mud and dusts and throw some busy stowage on the little rack at the back.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/meng-135-gct-155mm-auf1-during-ifor.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .

P

Polux

Fantastic model, as always ;)

It's me....or you have a "problem" with the big barrels :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Oh my, what a beast!

Great build and outstanding weathering.

Five stars from me!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gary, yet again more fantastic work...although the continuous long barrels are worrying o_O

Lee :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you're going to have a gun, have a BIG gun. thats what I say!!

And thats a big gun!!!

Great work Gary. What are the Meng Models like to build?

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build , and paint and weathering ,always a treat to see your work, well done

T

treyzx10r

Gary great looking build,the weathering and paint work are outstanding,very nicely done Sir!

D

dubster72

That's a lovely build Gary, and I for one am not going to mention that it's got a very big gun.... damn!

So Hackney didn't see the sun today? It was lovely in Richmond upon Thames!

Cheers

Patrick

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Gary, the others are just envious of your gun size

V

virtue66

\ said:
Fantastic model, as always ;) It's me....or you have a "problem" with the big barrels :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
haha... no ... it's not a problem.. but rather a '' fascination '' :P

\ said:
Oh my, what a beast!Great build and outstanding weathering.

Five stars from me!
Thank you very much sir .. I will keep that five star safe ... :P

\ said:
Gary, yet again more fantastic work...although the continuous long barrels are worrying o_OLee :smiling3:
haha.. thanks again Lee

\ said:
Nice very nice as always Gary :smiling3:
Thank you ... Glad I do not disappoint....

\ said:
Great work Gary on yet another BIG GUN
yep... I'm building a fleet of BIG gun.... after that, there will be anti aircraft fleet ( I think )

\ said:
If you're going to have a gun, have a BIG gun. thats what I say!!And thats a big gun!!!

Great work Gary. What are the Meng Models like to build?

Ian M
Exactly Ian ... and the MENG kits ... I am not exactly a fan of it ... I am giving this particular kit the benefit of the doubt that this is a earlier release and the plastic quality is a little bad because of it. BUT, it is very over engineered... way over engineered.

\ said:
great build , and paint and weathering ,always a treat to see your work, well done
Thank you Monica ... I will always keep up the good work...

\ said:
Gary great looking build,the weathering and paint work are outstanding,very nicely done Sir!
Thank you so very much Sir

\ said:
That's a lovely build Gary, and I for one am not going to mention that it's got a very big gun.... damn!So Hackney didn't see the sun today? It was lovely in Richmond upon Thames!

Cheers

Patrick
Hackney/Haggerston/Islington/Dalston ( My flat is like on the border of these fours ) still hasn't seen enough sun... and I'm on the 7th floor so it's cold from the freaking wind... ugh ..

anyway ... thank you for the kind comment ..

\ said:
Awesome work Gary, the others are just envious of your gun size
haha... it does seems like they are envious :P