• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Scratchy,

This baby is coming along really fine Andy!!! A real credit to your skills and the tracks look great too.....

I hear music in the background. It's a song from Devo and they're singing about your build...……."Whippet, Whippet Good. DoDoDoDoDo, Crack that Whip, DoDoDoDoDo"...…………………………...I'll get my coat...……………..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bill and Ben, the acid years......when they really liked a little weed!
Seriously though, useful primer on face painting that picture, the areas needing highlights show up really well :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

It seems I'm getting through my SdKfz 232 for the GB a bit quickly so I've shelved it for now and done a bit more on this.

Added a dark brown oil wash/filter to try and tone the colours down a bit and start to dirty it up. It's getting there but I'll probably give it another go over when this eventually dries. I still need to get my head around pin washes for making the rivets and other small details stand out but I'm sure I'll get something to work eventually.

Attachments

• SzWKCMc.jpg
    SzWKCMc.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 3wyg6Pp.jpg
    3wyg6Pp.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 27
  • iFf6Gj8.jpg
    iFf6Gj8.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 29
  • rC7sT58.jpg
    rC7sT58.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking very good, though I’m not sure plastic jerrycans should be on a 1918 tank :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

lol, hence the silver chipping to try and pretend they are metal :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7181

Finished off the stowage and threw it in the back

When they commandeered this tank and repainted it, those clever Germans also managed to add some lashing brackets without puncturing the fuel tank

Which enabled them to carry even more home comforts.

Attachments

• zKNWytq.jpg
    zKNWytq.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 15
  • MHAxz8A.jpg
    MHAxz8A.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Jv720tc.jpg
    Jv720tc.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Llkpiy2.jpg
    Llkpiy2.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The fuel tank is separate anyway, the armour plating just sits around it, so no reason at all why they couldn’t have added those brackets easily.

D

Deleted member 7181

That's it, final straw. I've suffered your attitude since the first day I joined this forum. Either constant nit picking of insignificant details or the patronising comments.

You are certainly much better at this lark than I am, as are most of the members here, but I don't need you trying to ruin my enjoyment of this hobby any longer.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
My apologies if I’ve offended you, but I don’t mean the things I say as nitpicking or criticising your choices, let alone wanting to ruin your enjoyment. With my previous post above, I merely intended to offer an explanation for how the handles could be there on the real tank, despite there being a fuel tank in the front behind those plates.

I certainly don’t mean to put your efforts down or to claim I’m better at it than you — from what I’ve seen, you’re almost certainly a lot better at much of this than I am, especially the painting. Thing is, I’ve got quite extensive background knowledge on military vehicles, and tend to make comments based on that, but without meaning to say you have to do it like it was done in real life. It’s your model, not mine.