Meng 1/35 Whippet

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Finished off the fiddly bits and nearly lost my mind trying to fit the tow cables.

Plenty of faults as usual but I'm hopefully getting better at disguising them. The mud isn't as realistic as I wanted, but at least I gave it shot and have learned for next time.

uJQDVZM.jpg

ijChsCe.jpg

3mG7YUw.jpg

P5lCLQP.jpg

bKVy2vT.jpg

6cIwPk3.jpg

6R2uYnO.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy...this can't be the work of a new guy...very nice indeed on your second tank and this is grimier. Only tell tale sign is the clean insignia...you can build up dust stains onto the decals or streak them and chip them. This will make them like they were painted on.

You're gonna have a nice collection soon. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Peter & Richard.

I see what you mean about the insignia Richard, they do seem out of place in the pictures. All weathering steps were carried out after fitting them so it's strange how they look like an afterthought. Definitely something for me to keep an eye on in future, thanks.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim, I'm really pleased with it too overall, and the some of the things I'm not happy with should be fixable now I know where I went wrong.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy, didn't mean to point it out but you have weathered some of the decals on the sides. The front was the one that stood out. The front plate looks clean too, perhaps a missed bit.

Overall very well done, seriously many would kill for this kind of finish.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

No problem Richard, and thanks for the compliment.

I did consciously try and make it dirtier towards the back but I agree the front does look a bit too clean, in the pictures anyway. I'll pretend the proud Germans were so chuffed with their captured tank that they cleaned the insignia regularly :smiling2:

Thanks Mick!

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul & Peter. I'm building Tamiya's Universal Carrier at the minute which will give me another opportunity to try out mud effects. Practice makes perfect they say :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy, you should be pleased with that, lovely painting yet again .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers John.

I'm still mystified by the black art of weathering but I'm getting there by trial and error (and Youtube!)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Very well done indeed. Can't believe that is only your second tank. That is s brilliant job. Very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Andrew.

Yeah, I started building models 6 months ago so still very much a beginner, with lots to learn and plenty of experimenting to do.