Adrian
\ said:
It's a great build, looking good
Here's my effort to date...

View attachment 150858 View attachment 150859

Sorry for the intrusion...I might finish it one day :oops:

Keep up the good work Adrian

Lee :smiling3:
I've changed my seats as I watched a video clip with a marine taking the camera on a tour and the seats were a light tan colour so adjusted mine to follow suit.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
I've changed my seats as I watched a video clip with a marine taking the camera on a tour and the seats were a light tan colour so adjusted mine to follow suit.
That's interesting...I'll bear that in mind for any future builds

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I like the look of this kit and your build so far Adrian she is a big model .

First Name
Adrian
Making the best of the time I'm at the bench now and really starting to motor :smiling3:

The harness's are a little rubbery for my liking but you can hardly see them once the cab is on so I can live with that.

Added a map to the interior table and a case of water :smiling3:

Hoping to get the side armour on by the end of the weekend and then I can start to weather.

003.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

Comments welcomed as always :smiling3:

Adrian

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking great, love the box of water peeping thru the window, its these little things that makes a model an individual build.

F

Fenlander

This is a really impressive vehicle Adrian, must be huge in real life! These colour schemes always look so dull until the weathering starts then it is the best colour for washes and streaking, really brings them to life.

I would love a real one for my 1.5 mile each way commute to work and back, probably couldn't afford the fuel it would use in a week though......

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking tops Adrian

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
This is a really impressive vehicle Adrian, must be huge in real life! These colour schemes always look so dull until the weathering starts then it is the best colour for washes and streaking, really brings them to life.
I would love a real one for my 1.5 mile each way commute to work and back, probably couldn't afford the fuel it would use in a week though......
3mpg so at current rate £1.03 pg would only cost £5.15 a week, trying to get a parking space to park it on the other hand ............. :D :D:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

\ said:
3mpg so at current rate £1.03 pg would only cost £5.15 a week, trying to get a parking space to park it on the other hand ............. :D :D:eek:
Park it anywhere lol. Where do you get fuel at £1.03 per gallon:eek:, cost us that per litre Which is just under £5 per gallon. :D

First Name
Adrian
Ok, started the figures, or the Fab four as I like to call them :smiling3:

I also have the EOD team to add in due time :smiling3:

030.JPG

Adrian

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Park it anywhere lol. Where do you get fuel at £1.03 per gallon:eek:, cost us that per litre Which is just under £5 per gallon. :D
Oh yea, whooops stupid me :oops::mad: , thought it was cheap, so on the 'correct' basis it would cost a bit more - £25 per week?. Would like to say i was working it out in US dollars, but that would be a lie. :rolleyes: :D :D

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
yes wanted to see this kit so will be looking forward to seeing this come along and with all the other great kits in to the mash will be a cracking dio

First Name
Adrian
Main assembly complete just some small bits to be added, started the weather with a light oil wash. I'll do another once its dry then I can do a pigment scrub.

Hopefully it will be on the table for Cosford :smiling3:

Eventually it will be the main focus of a dio with an EOD team and crew.

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Comments welcomed as always :smiling3:

Adrian