Merkava Mk. IV (Academy)

P

phikoleoputra

Hi good people,

I completed this Academy kit, a highly enjoyable build, Perfect fit, good instructions. The tank was OOB. This is my second attempt at diorama and quite pleased with the result. I added tamiya accessories for the shells, machine gun, bags, sleeping bags, oil drums, jerry cans, etc. Then I also added Academy IDF Tank Crew. As for the barricade, i molded it myself using MENG products. Well, enough said and as usual any inputs or suggestions are welcomed.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Leo

View attachment 83089

View attachment 83090

View attachment 83091

View attachment 83092

View attachment 83093

View attachment 83094

View attachment 83095

View attachment 83096

View attachment 83097

View attachment 83098

View attachment 83099

View attachment 83100

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Now that looks brilliant, a love the detailing on the tank and the set up of figures accessories really enhances this outstanding build.

Si:smiling3:

M

mobear

what the fudge,this is excellent mate,nice weathering and the figures look really nice,what a great DIO you have made

mobear

D

dubster72

Very nice Leo - the Merkava is brilliantly painted & weathered, it looks very authentic.

I like the layout of the scene, but a couple of tiny points are bugging me!

Firstly the tank shells, especially those on the sand - they'd pick up all kinds of grit making them hazardous to load.

The concrete berm on the sand seems to be perched there - I'd expect a heavy object to have settled in slightly.

Hope you don't mind me putting over a little CC ;)

Cheers

Patrick

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Very nice Leo - the Merkava is brilliantly painted & weathered, it looks very authentic.I like the layout of the scene, but a couple of tiny points are bugging me!

Firstly the tank shells, especially those on the sand - they'd pick up all kinds of grit making them hazardous to load.

The concrete berm on the sand seems to be perched there - I'd expect a heavy object to have settled in slightly.

Hope you don't mind me putting over a little CC ;)

Cheers

Patrick
Thanks for the kind advice Patrick, I'll try to fix em up, while waiting for the glass case.

Cheers

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice, very nice! Weathering and detail are fantastic.

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Great job I no next to nothing about tanks but that looks brilliant the whole dio is well constructed and beautifuly executed nicely love it.

First Name
Aaron
Cool dio mate. Superb weathering and those figures look great and add a nice sense of scale against the afv.

P

Polux

Very nice dio Leo!

The Merkava looks excellent and very authentic with this subtle weathering. The paint work on the figures is spot on ;)

Definitively a great build!

N

noble

\ said:
Hi good people,I completed this Academy kit, a highly enjoyable build, Perfect fit, good instructions. The tank was OOB. This is my second attempt at diorama and quite pleased with the result. I added tamiya accessories for the shells, machine gun, bags, sleeping bags, oil drums, jerry cans, etc. Then I also added Academy IDF Tank Crew. As for the barricade, i molded it myself using MENG products. Well, enough said and as usual any inputs or suggestions are welcomed.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Leo

N

noble

Hi, now this is a very cool merkava IV nice weathering and paint. The figures and the extras just add to the diorama.

scott