Merkava Mk IV LIC Started way back in history

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
The story for this model began before SM forum. It was bought as part of a job lot from someone and had been started. Unfortunately the builder had made a catalogue of errors, incorrect parts attached, parts the wrong way round and some missing. The tracks were also in a state. Undaunted I began to undo the model, parts removed, new parts made and some bling also attached to it. I then took time to try and sort the tracks out as best I could. I also scratched bits like the control wire to the turret machine gun. On more than one occasion the bin was moved closer to the bench but I carried on. There are still quite a few bits to go on but its mostly now getting it painted up as even in undercoat it doesn't look too bad now.
m.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The story for this model began before SM forum. It was bought as part of a job lot from someone and had been started. Unfortunately the builder had made a catalogue of errors, incorrect parts attached, parts the wrong way round and some missing. The tracks were also in a state. Undaunted I began to undo the model, parts removed, new parts made and some bling also attached to it. I then took time to try and sort the tracks out as best I could. I also scratched bits like the control wire to the turret machine gun. On more than one occasion the bin was moved closer to the bench but I carried on. There are still quite a few bits to go on but its mostly now getting it painted up as even in undercoat it doesn't look too bad now.
View attachment 432769
What about the ball & chain dangly bits? That's one of the reasons I never had a go at this!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What about the ball & chain dangly bits? That's one of the reasons I never had a go at this!
Dave
Dave as im not a tankie whats this about a ball an chain thing ? an Mick it looks a nice build to me anyway
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I shall sit a the back with Chris and watch Mick.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Many thanks to my growing audience, many thanks for looking in. Today was a momentous one for my shelf queen, finally a visit to the spraying area and here she is in top coat. Lots more painting to do and the missing bits added.
FB89AAB9-04D4-44A6-A181-5F7F56C5F970.jpeg21DD1975-9A30-4511-942F-F3FB3D77A1D2.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Time for an update on my shelf queen. Still a way to go yet but I’m happy with the progress. If I ever buy a part built model again it won’t be as far on as this was. I prefer to paint the wheels and tracks if possible before they go on. Just a few bits left to fit and some detail painting to do and a few decals. Still trying to find a decent pic regarding aerials as there are 6 mounts on the turret but in pics have only found 3 in use but I’ll get there. Anyway here’s a couple of pics.
68002D36-0035-491F-9D37-0A11FCB68A8E.jpegEBFF2F95-B063-451D-AE32-173E15B34A5D.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
looks good lookin tank Mick i love the shape an every thing about it what country has her in service ?
chris