Merkava Mk3D Late LIC - 1/35

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Kit from Meng. Fine detailed ....

If someone see any error, please report to me:smiling3:

I am not sure about antennas, how many in real life, and in which positions. Is there reason for positioning and/or type of antenna.

lI0lwe.jpg
YOgmVA.jpg
5fJVHN.jpg
OnRj7B.jpg
miVjYw.jpg
q0Mblq.jpg
EcwCdH.jpg
gmuOPR.jpg
LUH4f7.jpg

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
A great finish on the anti slip. What is the large road wheel for?
Large road wheel is masking cover for spraying, that i made on my lathe ;)

Anti slip is cheep sharpening stone crushed on grain size that match Merkavas antislip, and glued up.

DWDOKE.jpg

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I am not sure about antennas, how many in real life, and in which positions. Is there reason for positioning and/or type of antenna.
It probably has to do with whether the tank is a command tank or not; whether it needs to talk to infantry, aircraft, or whatever; maybe some antennas are dummies (not actually connected to a radio); and more. I would just copy a photo of a real tank to make sure I got it right :smiling3:

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
It probably has to do with whether the tank is a command tank or not; whether it needs to talk to infantry, aircraft, or whatever; maybe some antennas are dummies (not actually connected to a radio); and more. I would just copy a photo of a real tank to make sure I got it right :smiling3:
Answer like that somebody asked me ;). But .... i am curious.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As can be seen most often two white whip & a couple stumps (likely SAT, cell or sensor). Company/Battalion/Division HQ/staff would likely have more.
merkava ants.jpg
Photo for reference only.

Last edited:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Nice to see a Merkava build.
I like the non slip which on the real vehicles is also on the turret, which can be a pain to add, loads of masking and cleaning up. Normal antennae layout is as depicted in the kit and as you have it on your build. The thickest one is on the right behind the Cmdrs cupola. These antennaes can also be tied down to the rear with the fastening on the rear corners of the turret basket.
If you plan on more IDF vehicles, a good source of reference are the excellent publications by Desert Eagle Publishing with the main author being Michael Mass.
Cheers
Mike.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I've just finished a 1/35 scale one, lots of antenna mounts but in a lot of the pics I looked at 3 seems to be the average so that's what I went with