Merkava MkIV

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This will be the next project to return to the desk. Originally started on the other site as build it or bin it, its now seen the light of day again. I bought it as part of a set from a chap on an auction site, he had started it and it was in a bit of a mess. Parts in the wrong place, badly fitted and not cleaned up. The overwhelming opinion was to go with it and it was saved. It took a lot of work to get it to its current state and I've also invested in some additional PE. Its my first ever IDF build so a whole change of country for me so here goes.
1.jpg2.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg5.jpg

First Name
colin
I'l grab a seat Mick I have the same kit in the stash.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome along Colin. I've seen several builds and really like the shape of this tank. Having seen how complex some of the PE is it definitely won't be a fast build (but then none of mine are) It has since been opined in the stash by a Mk II

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Substantial amount of etch there Mick - should be fun

The ball and chain armour also looks like it will be a challenge - if I'm reading this right it looks like you have to shave hemispheres off the sprue

Should look great if it all comes together :thumb2:

I have a few Merkava in the stash - Mk1, 2 and either a 3 or 4 all in 35th and a few 3's and 4's in 72nd
Really should build one or two at some point :smiling4:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mick good luck with rebuilding her, I think you need more PE though :smiling3:. I sometimes think it more satisfying rebuilding/saving a kit or is that just me.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Mick.
I'll join Simon, he can explain the PE ! Looks a frightening amount to me. Good luck.
John .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Mick good luck with rebuilding her, I think you need more PE though :smiling3:. I sometimes think it more satisfying rebuilding/saving a kit or is that just me.
Pete.

Pete you just like PE and a challenge.:smiling2:
John.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Love the look of these tanks and looking forward to your build

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
WOW! What a kit Mick!! Looks like you have quite a challenge ahead of you. I wish you all the best with it. I am a big fan of IDF so I will be watching on avidly. Will you be doing one of your legendary dios or just on a base??

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks gents, the balls for the armour are moulded to the frame but I've bought some tiny beads to try and use instead. As for its final base??? we shall see.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mick,
Good to see this is still in your collection, loads of brass to go with it, gallons of c/a, great stuff.
You can buy the ball and chain set for this or the Mk.III it fits either with a little work. Are you going for non slip or leaving it as is?
Got the chair out and will watch with great interest.
Cheers, Mike.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Remember you getting this Mick so interested to watch you make it look pretty with all the Shiny stuff!
Good luck, and may the force be with you? :tongue-out3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Looks a nice kit. I am sure you will rescue it. All that PE will slow down progress but will certainly raise this to another level.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Many thanks for joining the watchers. I have a plan for the ball and chains and no additional anti slip on this one. To go forward I’ve had to go back again. The rear baskets were taken apart ready for the PE but found there were more parts missing, they aren’t in the box so no idea what happened to them. They were only supports so I’ve made them out of plastic rod. The frames have been re attached now.
41459687-AB6A-46EE-B7D1-6CD5A30EA6EC.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Time to focus, spent to much time building up PE only to find several bits weren’t required. Working my usual way now step by step and referring to the PE instructions as I go. Due to more missing bits and poor assembly I’m building this one buttoned up. Had to chop the commanders hatch into its constituent parts then re build. Added the lifting rings and the hatch. Upward and onward.
17AA7FBE-E4A5-4EEA-8077-369606A644F5.jpeg

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mick glad to see you are sticking with it, it's coming together slowly but surely.
Keep with it mate.
Pete.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
this is going to be very interesting... grabbing a chair.... :smiling::smiling::smiling: