Merry Christmas, Vietnam!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
A timely finish to this one! I finished painting the LVTP-5 and the figure today, and finally got everything put together about half an hour ago.

Here’s the real thing again first, for those who haven’t checked out the build thread:

lvtp-5-merry-christmas-jpeg.316347

Which I turned into:—

fullsizeoutput_18fd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18ff.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1900.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1901.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18fe.jpeg
IMG_5013.JPG

The dirt on the wheels is some Vallejo mud effect paint followed by a wash and drybrush to bring out the texture, the fake snow is a bit of cotton wool. The garland on the sleigh is gold-coloured sewing thread I bought in the same crafts shop that sold me the Vallejo mud paint, and the baubles are 6 mm airsoft pellets, into which I put a length of steel florist’s wire by heating the end and sticking it in, both to be able to hold them for painting and to let me glue them to the model more securely. A nice, deep red colour for the baubles resulted from painting them with a brick red colour and then putting red ink all over them (an old pot of Games Workshop ink, but any other will do too of course). Oh, and the antenna is more florist’s wire.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm sold. this is a great result! Merry Christmas Jakko, Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko
Brilliant and finished on Christmas Eve. Great modelling and great fun
Jim
One point though. Shouldn't Rudolph, the lead reindeer, have a red nose.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking model, cracking timing....nice job...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Cheers all :smiling3: I tried my best to get it done today, so I can say I did something at the correct time for once :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Shouldn't Rudolph, the lead reindeer, have a red nose.
I have no idea. I’d be hard pressed to tell you any of their names without prompting, let alone other details of this Father Christmas business :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Love it !

One thing I’ve been wondering about, and that you’re obviously the best person around to ask: did they get the Vietnamese right?

T

TranDuy

Well it have meaning too, but in order to have the right meaning sentence it need to bee like this : Hoà bình trên thế giới nhân loài thân thiện. But i can get the point too. Dont worry about that. :D

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Father Christmas is a much better fable than Krampus. You've done very well. Maybe between now & next Christmas some "Charlie Brown" trees or tree materials will become available. Have a Merry & a Happy. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
in order to have the right meaning sentence it need to bee like this : Hoà bình trên thế giới nhân loài thân thiện. But i can get the point too. Dont worry about that. :D
Thanks for that :smiling3: It looks like they got it right on the real thing (which isn’t too surprising, given they were in a country full of Vietnamese-speakers) but CMK appears to have missed a couple of accents in their decals. I might just add them with a brush …

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build,Jakko,turned out so very well,:smiling:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko