Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 Academy 1/72

W

wbk666

i think the next build might be the Revell Horton Go 229, it looks like a new detailed kit and something a little different

heres a couple more pics, i think i overdid the exhaust weathering but not enough other weathering like paint chips and dirt.

Ah well i live and learn ;)

View attachment 46886

View attachment 46887

120408126.jpg

120408128.jpg

M

mobear

just looks like its been hit a few times in the engine and spluttered home,i like it

mobear

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one wayne for your first model. Some folk stay away from 1/72 because it is so difficult to work with. I have just picked up some chalk pastels which is a method of weathering that I have yet to try(Got the idea on this forum) But Iam hoping that it is method that will let you build up the staining slowly so you may want to try it next time. You can also wash it off before you seal it if you dont get it right first time. But once again well done on your first build. The cockpit canopy looks like it came out fine.

Steve

W

wbk666

\ said:
Nice one wayne for your first model. Some folk stay away from 1/72 because it is so difficult to work with. I have just picked up some chalk pastels which is a method of weathering that I have yet to try(Got the idea on this forum) But Iam hoping that it is method that will let you build up the staining slowly so you may want to try it next time. You can also wash it off before you seal it if you dont get it right first time. But once again well done on your first build. The cockpit canopy looks like it came out fine.Steve
I fancy having a dabble with pastel chalks or maybe one of those Tamiya weathering sets

thanks for all the feedback people :D