Metal earth imperial star destroyer

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Hi everyone I've just returned from a holiday in Florida whilst there I was looking in a geeks shop in 1 of the malls where I came across these there from a company called metal earth

basically you get 2 sheets of laser cut steel bit like photo-etch but stronger you just pop the bits out and build the model there's no gluing or soldering required you just bend or twist the tabs most of it is straight forward but some parts are very fiddly and you've got to try and form circles but as they only cost $4-$5 I bought several and it's something a bit different as there's no gluing priming or painting and looking on line they have a very big choice of subjects

sorry for the dodgy camera work

regards

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice indeed?

I've seen one on here before, I think it was bobafets ( however you spell it ) ride

J

Jesse

Nicely done, I've made a fair few of these metal earth models, but recently found a Chinese company Mu which I was dubious about at first. But was pleasantly surprised by quality of their models and are of good quality. I'll put up some images when I get chance, as I'm currently out at work.
Only downside with them is tgere isn't a lot of scope for modding or adding your own touch. But I do enjoy the challenge of them.
Most tricky one I've made to date is the luna lander some very small fiddly bits.