meteor help

M

mega_man10

ok i had a thought id would like to make the black martin baker aircraft but im not sure how to tackle it i can do the custom decals myself its the cockpit section that is the challenge.
ImageJ1.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks a very interesting project Matthew, have you any more photo's of the cockpit, to see what you would need to do to convert it.

M

mega_man10

met35.jpg

they isnt many good references but this is as close as i could find.
i the its just a bare cockpit for the seat to sit in

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi matt , the SAM publications modellers datafile book for the meteor (modellers datafile no8) is a great reference for all meteor marks and includes a few pics of the T7 Martin Baker meteor . As for making it, Xtrakit do a T7 but its got the rounded tail , the MB t7 had a Fmk 8 tail fitted . Personally I reckon you would be better off getting a Xtrakit F mk8 kit and using that . You would have to sand off and fill the cannons on the nose and cut down the canopy and fabricate the rear cockpit and fairing but its not impossible. The other option is to get the t7 kit which would make the rear cockpit and fairing easier (you could use the back section of the rear canopy for the fairing ,you would need to get a fmk 3 or f mk8 canopy for the front bit) but you would have to source a F mk8 tail and substitute this for the rounded one . Whatever ,let us know how you get on and good luck , dont forget you can always ask any advice /help on here , cheers tony

M

mega_man10

Thanks Tony I'll definitely look into it I got another build I'm doing at the moment but that gunna be next on the list

Just a little detail too add I actually work at Martin Baker and they may even be an opportunity to go see the t7 which would make it a hell of a lot easier

I also just checked airfix do a 1:48 scale koreon metoer with the correct tail and the perfect cockpit for modifying

Last edited by a moderator: