Mick C’s 1/35 Academy Stug

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking much better, and you can’t even really see it was the wrong way round once :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mick, apologies for being behind on this. Looking good so far and a nice save on the cupola.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very late in so apologies Mick .
It's seems to me that from what you and others have said there are some pretty ropey sets of instructions in StuG land. I'm like you in thinking I'd like a good version to have a go at rather than have to assume that the parts are correct and in the right position , I've had a front light bracket I've no idea which way up it should be purely because the drawing is so poor.
Your is looking very StuG like , you should be pleased .:thumb2:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hopefully not too long Steve
JR yep it looks very STUG like to me but I’m adding a decent one to my wish list

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hope all goes well with her return Mick .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking good Mick, progressing fast and furious:thumb2:
Shame your loosing yer bench for a bit...but family first I suppose :confused:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Need some help gents please. Rubber band tracks are heading for the bin. Can someone suggest a reasonably cheap replacement please?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Mick,

Happy New to you and yours and great progress on the StuG IV. Replacement tracks for the Panzer IV chassis are to be found, and can have high prices. AFV Club make a set AFV35179 that go for about €18 here. Riich makes a set of Ostketten RII30008 that are also not too expensive. Rye Field Model also make a brand new released set RFM5037 for around €20.

Then there are Friul and Master Club that are more expensive. You might want to check evilbay for a set of Dragon Magic Tracks for the PZ IV too. HTHs.

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Mick,

Happy New to you and yours and great progress on the StuG IV. Replacement tracks for the Panzer IV chassis are to be found, and can have high prices. AFV Club make a set AFV35179 that go for about €18 here. Riich makes a set of Ostketten RII30008 that are also not too expensive. Rye Field Model also make a brand new released set RFM5037 for around €20.

Then there are Friul and Master Club that are more expensive. You might want to check evilbay for a set of Dragon Magic Tracks for the PZ IV too. HTHs.

Prost
Allen
Many thanks Allen and the same to you too

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Mick

I have juts used the easy link tracks, so easy to make but getting very hard to find, no drilling etc