Mick's Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkIV

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Now cleaning up some joins and getting ready to undercoat the main part of the aircraft. I've decided to add the radio wire so have made the first anchor point on the tail, just got to design one for the other end on the antenna.

b.jpg

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Mick,
I seem to have missed a lot of the action! Love the cockpit, looks awesome:cool:
That radio wire anchor is tiny!! What are you going to use for the wire itself?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Mick,
I seem to have missed a lot of the action! Love the cockpit, looks awesome:cool:
That radio wire anchor is tiny!! What are you going to use for the wire itself?
Like me Si better late than never :smiling2: It is rather small, its a strand of wire through a 0.5 mm dia aluminium tube. I shall be using EZ line as I have quite a lot of it.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Cheers Mick that’s the one. I remember asking someone about the the radio wire before but couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was called :smiling5:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Paint has just arrived before I set out for work. Just sorting some seams out and some brush painting so I can get the undercoat on. I did manage to sort out a fixing point on the antenna, not the right shape but when its painted black Its good enough for me.

b2.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

So small even the camera can't see it properly.

I don't know how you do it. I'd have attempted half a dozen by now, destroyed or lost them on the bench, given up and had a cuppa instead.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice and clean office Mick, sorry that the seatbelt experiment didn’t work but it seemed a good idea to me too.
Smooth looking coat of paint too :thumb2: .

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking good Mick

It’s Games Workshop chaos black. I’ve used their rattle cans for years, always gives a really nice finish
My lad recently undercoated some of his figures with their Death Guard Green. I was really impressed by the finish (especially since it was his first time using a spray bomb). Pretty close match to Russian green too so might be an option for the armour guys.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Mick, just had a read through, the instrument panel looks the dogs
Sorry that the tape idea didn't work out, worth trying though
Paint work is as the others say :thumb2:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That finish is smooooooth!

I’ve noticed the foam like stuff for masking holes. May I ask what it is?
Hi Chris it’s just some foam packaging that came in some stuff I ordered. I like it as you can squeeze it into spaces and then let it swell to fit