Mick's Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkIV

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice start Mick, nice figures too. I've just done some ICM firefighter figures, if there anything like them they will look great next to the Beaufighter.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
So you’re right mate, fits been great so far and Ian I only managed a quick look before a flying visit to Sussex for a couple of days, the detail looks really good

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Right gents I'm back from my family visit so back to it. First up the cockpit and navigator bit of the aircraft. Started fitting the Eduard stuff, very fiddly but it does look good.
3.jpg2.jpg

Still quite a few controls to construct but I don't like to rush these or the carpet monster will put on weight.
The seat belts for the kit are transfers and as I don't have any replacements I thought I'd try a little experiment and put them on to some Tamiya tape (other brands are available :smiling3: ) Then I shall carefully cut them out and see if they look any better, if not plan B look for some.

1.jpg

More controls on the glass and the gun sight.

I'd already started brush painting with the Tamiya cockpit colour when this arrived. It was listed as new to the Vallejo air range and is a very close colour match. I'm going to try it on a couple of parts and see what it looks like.

4.jpg

On nights at the moment but hopefully more updates soon, thanks for looking.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
A bit late to the party - sorry.
A well fitting Tamiya kit spoilt by black plastic. The cockpit looks very good. The Eduard instrument panel especially. Interested to see how the belt decals onto tape work as I have a kit with belt decals. Having the figures will be the icing on the cake.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The seat belts for the kit are transfers and as I don't have any replacements I thought I'd try a little experiment and put them on to some Tamiya tape (other brands are available :smiling3: ) Then I shall carefully cut them out and see if they look any better, if not plan B look for some.

Looking good Mick. But just in case you need some...... https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDFE869

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Despite the weather, work and a gardening project I've managed to almost finish the cockpit. The seatbelt experiment failed miserably but I found some in my stores I'd forgotten about so they will do. All the Eduard stuff is on just needs some touching up.
B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg