Micro Filler Spary Airbrush

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Mr colour Mr surfacer in its various incarnations....acts as a micro filler and primer.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes, thins nicely with Mr surfacer levelling thinner. Sprays well at about fifteen psi through a 0.2 needle. Need a mask though, as it is cellulose thinner (lacquer) based.

First Name
Wouter
I would use a mask with any paint you airbrush, atomization of paint is never a healthy thing, even with the non smelly ones ^^

But I agree with Tim, Mr. Surfacer (best to use the finer one 1200) thinned with Mr. Levelling Thinner is among the best there is. It comes in grey or black, quite handy.

Cheers

First Name
Wouter
Hi Alexander, I have sprayed 1000 in the past but 1200 is much finer. I guess you could spray 500 as well but you really need to thin it a lot since it's very thick. I use the 500 mainly for filling gaps or adding texture.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It’s horses for courses really. 500 is more like thin filler rather than thick primer. I can’t see why anyone would want to spray it. If necessary, I would use 500 along with wet sanding to get the surface even, then use 1000 followed by wet sanding to get a smooth finish. 1200 will then act as a final primer prior to adding the finishing coat. Spraying this stuff will not enable it to level out a surface on its own, you will need to put in sanding steps..
Cheers
Tim