Mig 15 Fagot 1/48( Korean build ) Sig

F

Fenlander

Sorry Robert, I had lost track of this one. Great additions going into the kit, you don't do things by halves do you?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow your taking this budget kit to a whole new level with all these beautiful add on after market bits. Keep up the great work.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Wow your taking this budget kit to a whole new level with all these beautiful add on after market bits. Keep up the great work.
Thanks guys for the kind words of encouragement.

The wife says if your going to do a #######ing jet for a GB build then why not do it proper,justice gave me a nice cuppa said "what do you need.........? She just said make it a good one!!

Oh well can't disappoint then

Robert

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Thanks guys for the kind words of encouragement.
The wife says if your going to do a #######ing jet for a GB build then why not do it proper,justice gave me a nice cuppa said "what do you need.........? She just said make it a good one!!

Oh well can't disappoint the

Robert
Well you'd better not as it sounds (#########)like she really meant what she said :smiling3: .

I'm sure she will be well pleased with the result and you won't disappoint.

I for one will be taking notes for ref just incase I ever get around to building mine one day.........................

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well after the dr surgically removed the seat in the kit I painted up the resin replacement and think it looks ok.

I have also glued the wings and the fuel tanks ( lots of dry fitting and nothing is really amiss ( there maybe a little filler here and there but heho that's modelling.

About to seal up the two halfs

Cockpit was a dream to put the pe in once sanded down smooth. The rear of the cockpit tub was cut away to insert the resin seat,and I was thinking about putting a blank in there of plasticard but there is an apron that goes over the cockpit for the canopy to sit on and so this seals any gaps..... Result

Weapons bay was simple two colour Hellgrau and Anthracite but I'll try and spruce this up with some dry brushing and do some wiring too near the undercarriage as I have a wide selection of ref pics to use

The front nose air intake has a splitter and in the instructions it said part 33 attach to this but could I find part 33

Well I never thought of looking in the clear parts??

Pretty much a simple case now of adding the rear jet nozzle

Oh weights it says to add 20g so I got to 50 just to be sure it's no tail sitter

Oh and the weapons turned up today

Pics and comments welcome

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

F

Fenlander

Going great guns Robert, make sure that extra weight doesn't over stress the nose gear.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Going great guns Robert, make sure that extra weight doesn't over stress the nose gear.
Glad you said that as I actually took it down to 35g as I had an after thought

D

dubster72

Great looking cockpit Robert, that's very well painted. You're certainly putting the work in!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on nicely robert , the pe instruments look great cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Small wee update

Well got postie this morning posted yet more stuff for the Mig 15 build but a vital tool for other builds ( my rivot maker )

I got Hannants to send me a set of decals for Russians in Korea part 1 IMHO this is a great decal set because it gives correct placing of engineering decal placements other than kits decal placement that can sometimes be confusing.

From John Scale Model Shop he's sent me 4 pots of metal cote for the painting NMF ( I've had a few tips from papa on how to obtain this finish so wish me luck.

Pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice goodies robert , i was looking at one of those rivet makers the other day, youll have to let us know what its like , cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Nice goodies robert , i was looking at one of those rivet makers the other day, youll have to let us know what its like , cheers tony
Well there are 4 rivot wheels and I believe looking at the style the larger the gaps would be for larger scales IE D wheel looks very simular to 1/48 where as A looks simular for 1/72 if not smaller in scale.

I'm thinking of doing a review and at £5 it's a very useful tool

Regards

Robert

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
I like all the extras your throwing at this build Robert, love that quickboost seat those master cannons are always a welcome addition. I reckon my Korean build is gonna be my first out of the box build as certain third party extras just don't seem to be available for it but to be fair I was looking for a quick build at some stage.

Your cockpit is looking nice and I'm tagging along on this one now.

Phil

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Right been busy with work a lot so not much time to get in the table and work on projects but now I've got a few days to myself.

Well the fuselage was put together and there's a nice amount of weight in the front so balancing on your hand she's defo a nose sitter now. The centre seam was very ugly and took a lot of squadron green and eventually ran out so went with humbrol filer. I lost a few panel lines but I've now rescribed them back in.

I now have to use my new rivoter to get the roots back.

Wings on and correct alignment of wings and tail unit and as you can see from the pics there's a wee gap to sort out each side. I may try a new idea I heard about.( I have some small syringes ( no needles ) and I heard of mixing humbrol filler with humbrol thin glue and making an almost thinner paste to fill the gap.? Anyone heard of this ??

Or I may just go in with squadron white.

I have been going at the whole frame with 12000 grit to get the seams all smooth ready for the gloss black Vallejo surface primer for my NMF hopefully get her primed Saturday

Pics

image.jpeg

Still a little ways to go before that but I'm hoping to get some serious time in over the next few days

Pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

F

Fenlander

Diluted filler works well so long as you get the right components. I would try it on a test piece first to make sure it sets ok. It may still sink however so let the first application fully harden then add a bit more to fill the sink.