Mig extra thin, anybody used it

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Evening Bob,
I used it for a Jagdpanther build I did in 2018. from memory It does smell but nothing like Tamiya extra thin:thinking:
SO im:thinking: im gonna cop it then Si when I open mine oh well i'll proberly build the planes in the summer so I can wear a mask an glasses an have all the windows open so should not be to bad eh
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
John just come down from the ceiling (could see his house from there) said it smelled similar to tammy.

Can not fault the service!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
I love the smell of Tamiya extra thin.

Its nearly as good as UHU, from the 70's, almost a pear drops smell.

Its never been an issue for me, and I only have a stock of 7 spare bottles.

Sorry that wont help, but I do like Tamiya extra thin LOL

Hope you get it sorted, as most of the glues do have something of a smell or can have an headache effect

Regards

Steve H

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I do not use TET Andrew, i use plastic magic as it has no smell and has a very good thin brush in the lid but it evaporates quickly, and often if i drop a part by the time i fit it again the glue has gone so have to do it again which is a pain

Bob

Sorry was not thinking straight when I sent that message. Forgot your had mentioned plastic magic. Was in A&E at the time. Suspected kidney stone. Whilst the pain subsided fairly quickly I have to back tomorrow morning for a CT scan....

Good luck with your glue hunt.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob

Sorry was not thinking straight when I sent that message. Forgot your had mentioned plastic magic. Was in A&E at the time. Suspected kidney stone. Whilst the pain subsided fairly quickly I have to back tomorrow morning for a CT scan....

Good luck with your glue hunt.

ATB

Andrew
Hope all goes well, Andrew very painful indeed.

Excuse me Bob .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I too like the smell of Tamiya Extra Thin...the other most memorable is the old Airfix tube glue. I find odorless solvents very misleading as I get nauseous not knowing I have an open bottle or can right under my nose. The smell I think acts as a warning just like gas which in its natural form is odorless and is artificially scented with an onion scent.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John

Looks like I've passed it. CT scan is all clear.

ATB

Andrew
Good to hear its all clear with the scan.

I think I need a scan on my nose...liking the smell of solvents is not a good sign :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Bob - you could always try this stuff, it has a citrus smell

MrCement

No idea if it works as glue though

Personally I also like the smell of TET, MrCementS, MekPak, Plasweld, Humbrol Poly - been using them so long probably have brain rot as a result :tongue-out3: