MiG21-MF Eduards Weekend kit.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
That's just light on the surface, might be a bit shiney from roughing it with a stone but definitely dry. It's all going to get painted over anyways.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
One of those nights where I don't seem to have gotten much done.......
Cleaned up and primed some parts.
IMG_20200722_233150.jpg
And sprayed the intake and exhaust interiors and started to add the interior etch detail. Think I need the optivisor to add the rest.
IMG_20200722_233239.jpg

Can't decide if these etch kits being self adhesive is a help or a hindrance, difficult to bend stuff that wants to stick so you have to cut the backing paper.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Been a while since I've got to the bench, I'll blame binge watching Shameless....
Wasn't happy with the colour mismatch between the paint and the pre-painted etch so an trying a blue/green oil as a filter/wash, definitely going the right direction.
IMG_20201026_150655.jpg
Getting close to the point I can zip up the fuselage.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I mixed my own using the Mr Hobby Aqueous, H46 and H25 in a 1:1 ratio as per the painting guide in the instructions i had and it came out pretty near an exact match to the Eduard photoetch

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I mixed my own using the Mr Hobby Aqueous, H46 and H25 in a 1:1 ratio as per the painting guide in the instructions i had and it came out pretty near an exact match to the Eduard photoetch
Apparantly they changed the colour at some point, the call out in this doesn't call for mixing paints so I just worked with what I have. More fun.
(Though I have bought the Mission Models paint which I have read is an exact match for when I get to a MiG-23)