Mikes Aeroclub 1/48 Hawker Demon . vacform!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Shame. I was looking forward to watching your frustration levels get higher and higher. Plastic does indeed get brittle with age and I'm sure that is the case here.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Ok we can forget this one....
Came to cutting out the fuselage half which went as normal... The started to sand down to the required line and the fuselage just shattered... I inspected the rest of the sheet and found very small cracks and splits across the whole part. I can only assume that with the age of this kit the plastic has become brittle with age....
So ho! hum! back to the drawing board and I will look for another victim...
More later..
That was the news, and now for the weather....
Cheers
Mike.
Oh brown smelly stuff!! That's a shame Mike. I guess we all get brittle and develop cracks with age!! I know I have!!

I guess you know where your drawing board is?

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Shame. I was looking forward to watching your frustration levels get higher and higher. Plastic does indeed get brittle with age and I'm sure that is the case here.
Yes Jim, got the thick bit of glass (someones video cabinet and got to it before the feral kids). Taped down the 240 paper, made some loops to hold the part and the first gentle rub after soaking the paper with washing up liquid and water - the damn thing fell apart. And you know how it is you spend the next half hour wondering how you can stick it all back together without melting the part.... :unamused:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Oh brown smelly stuff!! That's a shame Mike. I guess we all get brittle and develop cracks with age!! I know I have!!

I guess you know where your drawing board is?
Yep! made it into a tandem skateboard and sold it to the kids down the street - so far it is one bloody nose and one broken arm - result.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wibble that's a shame, I was looking fwd to the whole build complete with your humour.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry to hear that Mike.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You are definitely 'aving a giraffe Guv'nor!
Steve

Edit: Ouch, sorry about that mate :sad:
Steve

• Haha
Reactions: JR