minitnkr AH64 Apache ROCO 1/87

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Paul, just couldn't abide the poor ROCO offering.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress on this one Paul, you're a lot closer to the finish line on this than I am! Just got the decals on mine.....hope to be done before the deadline.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking good Paul despite all the probs...Lots of nice detail on the little critter too!!! Bring on the rest my friend and leave the dark chocos alone....................

Prost
Allen

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Calling this one done & hope to do a better job on wingman. Lessons learned--leave gun assy., landing gear & main rotor assy. for last after paint & decals. Spend more time on seat adjustment & canopy fit.
100_3175.JPG
100_3174.JPG
C&Cs encouraged.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good on you Paul.....I'm right behind you, hope I can make the deadline also. :thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Martyn, did any of your Apaches have the supplemental armor mounted in the cockpit to protect the pilot & gunslinger? The model supplied the plates, but they really obscured the crews' vision so I left them off.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Disaster strikes! At the final construction step of adding the main rotor assy., dropped the whole mess. Bounced off the bench into the catch apron, but scrunched the rotor assy. Much swearing/cursing. Scared the dog & put wife on alert. Time to work something else for a bit. Will take a cuppa out on the deck & watch the birds cavort.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not good.........minor setback though. While working in the Aviation industry we had a saying.......Anything you can F*ck up, you can Fix up!!.....all in a days work Paul, and you were wise to take a break from it.......have the dog and missus come out of hiding yet? ;)

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Martyn, did any of your Apaches have the supplemental armor mounted in the cockpit to protect the pilot & gunslinger? The model supplied the plates, but they really obscured the crews' vision so I left them off.
Paul they did and if I remember correctly they could be moved forwards and backwards, if my memory serves me well enough they were always in the rear position.

I take it you are modelling the US versions because they flew the Delta variant with Alphas so it cut down on the longbow radar on top of the rotor head.

Marty

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for replying Martyn. Are you saying the Brits used the longbow but the US did not or they used a mix?

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
All of the British ones had longbow fitted and were D models. Where as the Americans used a mix of A models and D models the D models had the longbow fitted.

So yes the Americans used a mix of models.

Marty