Missing but now Found

B

Bobby Dale

Hello Guy's n Gal's
I've Been A.W,O,L for a while now , but I have been doodling with the Odd Irons I have had in the fire , still all Work's in Progress but a couple near the finishing line so thought I may post a couple of pics just for some thoughts ?
Been working on a build for my Brother who's father in law served in 40 Sqn on the Shackleton's in the mid fifties during operation Grapple . using the Airfix MR2 and two sets of Eduard etch and two extra sets of decals to get the right markings for the period still the base and weathering ( not sure the customer wants it dirty or shiny ) to do may add a fuel tanker etc too . been adding scratch interior parts with the Galley and bunks and even though you cannot see it now the fuselage is zipped up the thunder box too . please excuse the focus lens playing up .
Bobby .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Bobby baby! Welcome back mate. Have you moved yet?? Nice to see you have been busy at the bench

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI wow I like this cutaway of the shack really nice work on the intruments panels an did it come as a cutaway kit or did you do it ? as its something really different . I built a big 6ft model but on a tricyicle undercart in the same colours for C/L flyin but back to your model more pics please as you go
chris

Last edited:
B

Bobby Dale

Thanks Guy's
Cheers Ralph ,
Steve, no still in the old place not selling for now as renovating again ,
Chris, No Its not the cut away is not offered as part of the kit , I looked at the Airfix promo pic's on the web and on the box side and decided to do my own version as I needed to show the Radio operators position and the Galley which I scratch built from photo's of a shack walk around , as the recipient worked as sparks and cook during there long 14 hour flights needed to show both sections , just felt it would be to flimsy and unstable to go the full length to the tail fins will add more pic's when i,m nearer completion .
Bobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good to see you back Bobby,

The Shackelton innards look great.

Cheers,
Richard