• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr Day.
What can I say, scrumptious yes scrumptious indeed. Those decorations are absolutely fabulous.

Yes the Teletubbies, I remember queing in Toys R Us to get a set years ago when they first came out.
Glad Remi is starting her education on antiques nice and early, just think of the fun you will have searching for arrow heads when she's older ! :thumb2:
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - I'm truly gobsmacked by your response! I am a bit so-so about this one, partially because I would have wished the awards to be better rendered (and painted). As always, my eye is drawn most to the bits I'm dissatisfied with.

John - Very glad you like him. I remember the chaos as people tried to get hold of Teletubbies toys that one particular Christmas. It never crossed my mind that Remi might be interested in collecting flints when she gets older - my own kids are completely uninterested in 'Dad's rocks''. As you can see, I've started her 'education' early.

And as Cpl Jones asked so nicely, here are the German generals together:

100_3750.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Ralph.

The Wellington and Napoleon busts have now turned up:

100_3759.JPG

These look very nice and pretty good likenesses as far as far as I can tell. I'll paint them as part of this thread once I've finished my current armour build.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
Looking forward to how you get on with these
Regards Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - No problem. You can see that the Life Miniatures bust is a special sculpt.

Jim - Think I'll attack Boney next - Wellington is plastered in tricky decorations.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
A nice pair of generals. The will look good mounted together.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Astoundingly excellent painting as we’ve come to expect sir:smiling4:

D

Deleted member 6559

Peter - Cheers. Not sure whether to try a 'themed' mount.

Si - Very kind of you. Many thanks.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve - Back home and recovered!

Blucher is finished:

View attachment 327972View attachment 327973View attachment 327989View attachment 327990

The awards were pretty tricky to do and the cameo does indeed look like a blob. The black uniform was highlighted with Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform - black clothing is never truly black under daylight conditions but rather tends to reflect the surroundings.

Beautifully done Peter...I can just make out a well fed Wellington:smiling6:...just pulling your leg there...it's a miracle he got painted in. :thumb2: So I read you're going for his bust and Bonapartes too? Look forwards to them being painted.

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Peter the latest bust is an absolute stunner. They make a great pair together so now looking forward to seeing these next two.

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Wellington does look a bit porky, doesn't he? I found him much harder to paint than I thought I would, but hopefully it just about reads as a miniature portrait.

Mick - Thank you. After working on 1/35 subjects for a couple of weeks, getting back to this larger scale will seem like a holiday.