Mitches 1/9 Field Marshall Blucher Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

I decided to make a start on the tunic before rushing off to catch the train:

100_3729.JPG100_3730.JPG

As Steve H mentioned, he's wearing what appears to be a portrait brooch of Wellington - now that promises to be a challenge. I'll get in a good supply of Anadin Extra.

Anyway, that really is it for a few days. See you anon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That face is amazing Peter, I for one think you've taken this one to a different level.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Many thanks. I did forget about the SBS, sorry. Perhaps I'll do one with Wellington on Napoleon. I'll run the builds on this thread in due course.

Mick - Thank you. It's down to an excellent sculpt. I find that the more detail a face has - wrinkles, contours etc - the more it responds to paint. I won't be able to get back to this until Tuesday at least - currently trying to distract my Granddaughter with endless episodes of Teletubbies, which is something I thought was way in my past.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Big fan of our Mr Blucher. Had to do an essay for my A level History on his life and times. I am glad you have done black as I have always wanted to know how do you highlight/add shading to black please:thumb2::thumb2:. Many thanks in advance.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Admit it - you love the Tellytubbies really!

The bust is looking good.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Not sure how much scope there is for modulating the black, but I'll give it a go.

Peter - Love the Teletubbies!!!!!!!!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looks great Peter.My nieces were mad on Teletubbies in the 90s.Ive got noo noo the hoover here and he still works.We love In the night Garden and ive got Igglepiggle tatooed on my arm.Keep up the great work mate.
Richard.

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Enjoy your break and I am sure modulating black will be a breeze when you get back to the bench.
I am looking forward to your minature portrait painting on all the bling, that will be a treat/challenge/PITA!
The Toon GB could be a pleasant distraction for next week?
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - The Teletubbies were new when mine were babies - I can't believe they're considered ''vintage'' now. They've been re-worked digitally over the years, but are still basically the same.

Steve - There shouldn't be too much more to do to the bust. I need to have a careful look at the reference, as the decorations can be quite complicated colour wise. I'm actually looking forward to having a bash at the cameo, though it will probably end up as just a colourful blob. Done my shoulder in carrying the baby in her sling around the antiques shops, though I did pick up a very nice piece of Japanese studio-ware in the process. I'll need to get sorted out before getting back to the bench (wife's good at physio).

Reactions: JR

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Some great antique shops in Lewes, visited by TV antique hunting progs. Hope your wife sorts you out soon.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Ooohh, sorry to hear about your shoulder.
I guess it's your painting arm too!
I didn't thing the little one would be that big yet?
Enjoy the physio?
And the remainder of your break too.
I really do need my laptop, but Anna can't take me out as he has a sore eye.
She got biffed in the eye, by a cat at the rescue she volunteers at, and looks like a domestic violence victim!
Hopefully tomorrow, but more snow predicted!
Enjoy the rest, and the break
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - Back home and recovered!

Blucher is finished:

100_3736.JPG100_3737.JPG100_3740.JPG100_3743.JPG

The awards were pretty tricky to do and the cameo does indeed look like a blob. The black uniform was highlighted with Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform - black clothing is never truly black under daylight conditions but rather tends to reflect the surroundings.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That is stunning Peter. Absolutely stunning. That's up there with your Hindenburg bust. Any chance of the two Germans together?? Pretty please:smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Hope the shoulder improves soon. Granddading is certainly tiring. I spent Sunday with our Elsie, nearly 2 now. Boundless energy - play this, read that, chase the ball, push me on the swing - no respect for my age. I love it!!!
As for Mr Blucher - stunning, fantastic, brilliant. You are very, very skilled at this.
Jim

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter
Another of your great faces. Made to stand out even more by the somber uniform.

John

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Many thanks. I will take a photo of Hindenburg and Blucher together, but it will have to wait for better light in the morning.

Hindenburg was by Life Miniatures and the sculptor made a better job of the decorations than Mitches' Blucher, which I found hard to do a tidy job on.

Jim - I love Granddadding! Remi is four and a half months old now and is wonderful, particularly as she seems to have entered a cuddly stage. Cheers re the bust.

John - Many thanks.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter

You have done the justice to a well sculpted bust. One for the front ot the cabinet.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Thank you Peter.

I've still got Wellington and Napoleon to do and I may mount them all together somehow.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
If you finish Napolean and Wellington to the standard that you've finished Blucher you will have 3 very collectable busts that would honour any competition table or private collection. I am truly gobsmacked by this one.
regards Jim