Mitches 120mm LRDG Trooper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

I've decided to turn to a larger scale figure for my next build. This is a new Maurice Corry sculpt for Mitches depicting a LRDG/SAS trooper in 120mm, based on the figure on the right in the illustration:

There are 11 parts and a base:

First impressions were of a nicely sculpted figure and a good casting. The square objects are for the Benghazi tea-brewing set up, commonly used in the desert.

I've now put it together, ready for painting:

As usual with Moz Corry, we get a long and lean figure. The webbing and clothing are very realistically done and crisply rendered. I'm not so keen on the face, but it should be OK. There was a lot of clean-up required and some parts needed quite a bit of work, particularly the gun, which I presume is meant to be a Lee Enfield. That was in quite a mess, so I've replaced a lot of the damaged detail. I'm not sure about the breech/magazine part, so I may cover that in some cloth wrapping or a breech cover:

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter

This looks a nice little figure - good tosed you returning to larger scales

Peter

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I'm in for this. He does appear to be rather skinny especially around the knees.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in chaps. Not at all sure that I can do this one - I've failed with more Mitches than any other brand - but here's hoping.

R

RichardMo

I have my seat all pulled up for this on sir. just tell everyone he is knocked kneed lol
Rick.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Refreshed from your break?
The figure does look challenging face wise, but it just could be the photo?
Tall & skinny wouldn't be out of place for an LRDG Squaddie.
Have a good day with the head and keep out of the snow!
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

BINNED!!!!!

A completely un-paintable face - really awful, and unfortunately the whole head/headgear ensemble is built into the torso. Better things to do with my life.

D

Deleted member 4539

BINNED!!!!!

A completely un-paintable face - really awful, and unfortunately the whole head/headgear ensemble is built into the torso. Better things to do with my life.
I understand where you are coming from and feel for you,however have you thought of working as a binman?:tongue-out3:.