Mitches Flying Aces Busts

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Stu.

I don't paint the beard over the other flesh tones, just paint it separately using mixes of Flat Flesh, Off White and Camo Black Brown. I start with the darkest tones and build up to the lightest, taking it at the edges to the same tone as the flesh around it so that it blends subtly. Hope that makes sense.

First Name
Stuart
Hi Peter

thanks for that, as you know I'm doing the Blondie Hasler bust and he has some residual stubble - tried to highlight this but ended up making a total A"£$E of it, so you method does make sense!

Thanks

Stu

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This just gets better each time I look in Peter .

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I really don't know what to say. Like John I reckon your work just gets better and better. This project is proving a perfect canvas for your skills.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steven - Many thanks.

John - As long as it doesn't get worse!

Jim - Thank you. As I said above, I'm having to admit that this scale suits my technique better that the smaller scales. It doesn't work well at 1/35 and still needs lots of improvement at 1/16. Should get him finished today.

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Peter,
I've been AWOL for a while, a couple of health issues but nothing serious, a scare that the hospital wanted to check.....
Your skill as a painter Peter never fails to impress beyond belief..... Stunning work on both of the busts so far.
Wonder if there are any busts of the 'Red Tail' pilots ...... there were aces amongst them....
Look forward to seeing how the German Ace turns out....

Regards Mike :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thant my friend is the cream of the crop, I know each time you produce something from the magic hat we say that, but this really is.
Has to be the right scale for you.
well worth a :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: .
Sitting awe :smiling:

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi mike

Sorry to hear about the health scare - I hope everything has been sorted out.

Glad you like the two I've done so far. They're proving fun to do, and I've certainly got the bug for busts again. There are one or two Tuskagee figures around, but apparently only 'art' busts, ie those intended as sculptures and very expensive.

Galland next, and what looks to be an 'interesting' sculpt.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That my friend is the cream of the crop, I know each time you produce something from the magic hat we say that, but this really is.
Has to be the right scale for you.
well worth a :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: .
ditto
Jim

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Peter,
Awesome work. Those sculpts have loads of character and you’ve certainly done them justice.
I Think John has short changed you with only 10 :thumb2:‘s.......Easily 12:thumb2:’s all day long sir:nerd::smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

There are no more superlatives left Peter.
So (….......…….….) please fill in.
Pete.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Superb work and good to see the pair together.

Joe seems to have mellowed a little too.

You have been a busy beaver over the weekend.

Friday was crazy with the cat ladies and Girl on a Train was very well done too.

Except for being mugged for parking, twice, it has been busy and two very late nights in one weekend.

Back to work for a rest LOL

My knee isn't co-operating either, it going to be a long 3 weeks to my surgeons appointment.

Work is getting to literally be a pain!

Have a good day with Adolf

Regards

Steve H