Mitches Military Models 1/9th US airborne Female soldier bust

P

Plastickitbasher

Looking very good.

What colours are you using for the flesh tones?

P

Paul P

Great work Steve, cammo not that easy to do but you seem to be cracking on well with it

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great progress Steve,the camo looking good so far,well done, ;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for all the kind comments, not happy :sad: with the camo, so back to the start on that one :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Looking very good.
What colours are you using for the flesh tones?
I used a mixture of Vallejo and AK paints. Started with various Vallejo flesh colours and all was going well till the shadows on her cheeks, used Vallejo paints but she ended up looking like a clown – no gradual fade at all. Luckily that morning the AK flesh tone set had arrived, so I tried a couple of their shadow, highlight tones and discovered the best thing about the AK flesh paints is they stay wet a lot longer than the Vallejo colours. The Vallejo flesh colours seemed to dry as soon as you touched the resin, where-as the AK ones didn’t, this meant I could add a bit of thinned paint, most of which was dragged off the brush, to the base colour, add another colour and blend the two together as they were drying, keeping everything damp. As for actual ‘mixes’ I don’t know – just ‘played’ around until I got the look I was after. Not much help I know, but I would definitely recommend the AK flesh tones, but ignore the advice on the back, it is not as straight forward as the steps make out.

P

Plastickitbasher

\ said:
I used a mixture of Vallejo and AK paints. Started with various Vallejo flesh colours and all was going well till the shadows on her cheeks, used Vallejo paints but she ended up looking like a clown – no gradual fade at all. Luckily that morning the AK flesh tone set had arrived, so I tried a couple of their shadow, highlight tones and discovered the best thing about the AK flesh paints is they stay wet a lot longer than the Vallejo colours. The Vallejo flesh colours seemed to dry as soon as you touched the resin, where-as the AK ones didn’t, this meant I could add a bit of thinned paint, most of which was dragged off the brush, to the base colour, add another colour and blend the two together as they were drying, keeping everything damp. As for actual ‘mixes’ I don’t know – just ‘played’ around until I got the look I was after. Not much help I know, but I would definitely recommend the AK flesh tones, but ignore the advice on the back, it is not as straight forward as the steps make out.
Many thanks Steve

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Round 2 on the MARPAT /ACU camo;

Base coated in light grey, then patches added in medium grey;

IMG_1151.JPG

Olive drab added as the dark shade;

IMG_1153.JPG

Pixelated by using a cocktail stick, dabbed in the different colours and then added pixel by pixel to try and break it up a bit.

IMG_1143.JPG

Head on Shoulder;

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just caught up on this one and what can I say ( really really awesome panting and shading ( far beyond anything I could acheive

Like this a lot

Really well done

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

This digi camo is way better than the first:smiling3:.I'll bet your are glad you re painted it.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Just caught up on this one and what can I say ( really really awesome panting and shading ( far beyond anything I could acheive
Like this a lot

Really well done

Robert
Your'e to kind :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
This digi camo is way better than the first:smiling3:.I'll bet your are glad you re painted it.
Cheers, yes I am, even though it took flippen ages, over two hours to get this little bit done, and could still refine it a bit more, luckily her uniform is mostly covered by her 'vest' which is in woodland camo, a lot easier to paint (I hope)