MITSUBISHI A6M2B ZERO

S

solidsneek

Hey guys please see above something I am working on! This is my FIRST EVER model the stickers are still to be applied but I am going to be making it an abandoned plane found and do some weathering etc.

Need to look for some tips on weathering with rust I am obviously going to leave the pilot out and the cockpit screen will be missing as if it was lost in battle.

20160329_114958.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Funnily enough, I did the same a while a go.

Monogram-1-48-A6M-ZERO1-03072015-thumb.jpg

Monogram-1-48-A6M-ZERO2-03072015.jpg

Monogram-1-48-A6M-ZERO3-03072015.jpg

Monogram-1-48-A6M-ZERO6-03072015.jpg

Monogram-1-48-A6M-ZERO4-03072015.jpg

Might give you some ideas.

Rust is limited, the outer skin is Aluminium, the engine block has steel components but the amount of rust will be small so you will probably not see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

solidsneek

Oh man that looks incredible! I am leaving one wheel on and one off I don't have like a model to set it up on so grass will be a no go untill I get some like bottom plates. Will apply like whiting around the joints etc.

S

solidsneek

So left the windshield off and took the wheels off and now I am starting to weather the plane.

Please not this is my first ever build and first ever weathering situation. The story is it was shot down and been abandonded for about a 6months to a year in all weathers.

20160329_213043.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

I'm with Graham on this.

Looking good though for a first model.

S

solidsneek

Don't get me wrong I don't expect it to be amazing and it will probably be added to over a long period of time. I am just adding like rusting and moulding colours to it in small doses slowly. As I get better and better I will add like battle damage and overgrown grass like above.

Thanks guys!