Mitsubishi Lancer WRC, Airfix 1/43

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so just lately i have been in a bit of a slump, total loss of mojo so i did my usual trick and pulled something simple from the stash

this is a 1/43 Airfix kit, been in he stash a very long time, think i picked it up in an ebay deal, never thought about doing it as its a weird scale (to me at least) and its from a time when airfixs decals were a bit dodgy, but they went on ok

went together nicely enough, but it looked too clean so gave it a going over with some mud pigment

with Universal Calibrated Unit of Comparison

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well it looks like it brought your mojo back, because at that scale it looks great Paul. And it looks even better mudded up Is it going on a base for the final touch ?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Paul, you have done well weathering it with the mud pigment. Nice touch with the windshield wiper clear area too.

First Name
Andy
Hi Paul,

I agree it does look great, love the weathered look, I didn't realise just how small it was until you placed the paint pot and model next to each other, big ***** from me...

Andy...

P

Polux

Great work Paul!

The Makinen's Mitsubishi Lancer is a classic ;) and the mud effect looks very good.

Cheers. Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job paul, the decision to mucky it a bit was a winner ! The mud is just perfect for me too , not too much but enough to give it a realistic look , great work, cheers tony

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I you had not told us the scale i could have belived it was a 1/24 scale as i have done the same one and i could not tell the difference a very very good job,i have the airfix 1/43 scoobie i just hope it turns out as good.

peter t

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thanks guys....it was actually a joy to do, despite the small size

\ said:
Is it going on a base for the final touch ?
no chance lol.....this was done as a slumpbuster, dont think i could manage a dio base