MkIII Valentine III

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is another of Miniarts Valentine tanks. This time a MkIII III. Its built OOB and unfortunately a head lamp and the drivers peep hole door went AWAL and due to back problems have been unable to crawl around on the floor under the desk to find them!!!

The paints are DOA's colour chip matched British army colours, Light sand and S.C.C 14 - Blue-Black. They give a great finish but for me, at the moment are a pain in the bum to spray. They are ready to use, but I find them to be much thinner than I like and are still getting to grips with them.

The dust is vallejo pigments mixed with a 50/50 water/matt varnish and airbrushed on.

So here is the scene. Libya 1942, middle of nowhere and out of gas! Looks like a long walk home.

View attachment 51210 View attachment 51211 View attachment 51212 View attachment 51213 View attachment 51214 View attachment 51215 View attachment 51216 View attachment 51217

Comments as all ways welcome.

Ian M

Right where's that Sea Vixen....

View attachment 53806

View attachment 53807

View attachment 53808

View attachment 53809

View attachment 53810

View attachment 53811

View attachment 53812

View attachment 53813

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

C

Caledonia

Very clever that splash of sand, really brings your excellent model to life Ian. 5 Star to pu in your new cave - lucky man. Cheers Derek

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Brilliant build there Ian. Giving me the itch to have a go at armour...

M

mobear

Ian thats a very nice build,even with the bits missing,i`m pretty jealous of the paint job 5*s from me

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb ian ive got one of these in my stash is this the one with that comes with the figures...? anyway back to your top job the weathering is spot on not to much just enough and has been said like the suggestion of sand nice touch big 5

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Brilliant build there Ian. Giving me the itch to have a go at armour...
oh scratch that itch you wont look back bud

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers chaps.

Its the one with the German captured one on the box. No figures but has the transmission parts.

I think there is a boxing with this camo on the box top and three figures but no tranny.

@Barry. Beware of the dark side. LOL No seriously doing armour is a blast but I have no issues hopping between Aircraft and Armour.

Some thing about the Valentines, I have a Mk I in the stash and a Bishop and an Archer sitting in the shop with my name on it, only it doesn't know it yet.

Ian M

P

Polux

It's a precious and nicely tank Ian.

I love the camo, very well painted!

Cheers. Polux

C

CDW

Lovely jubly .... impressive build !

very well made and i like the attention to details such as the pipes etc, the paint looks very authentic on the model as well.

Next time though ..... dont be such a cheapskate and buy enough sand to fill the frame :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

all in all defo worth 5 stars Ian.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Buy sand?!?! Are you insane man! lol

Ian M

C

CDW

\ said:
Buy sand?!?! Are you insane man!
heh heh ... just pulling ya chain mate :smiling3: :smiling3: it's stunning !!

(i will say that i've seen people in the LMS buying bags of sand ... the shop is 5 mins away from the beach as well .... go figure eh? :smiling3: )

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm I wonder where they get their sand from... Same place as me, me thinks.

Ian M

First Name
Fabio
Great job, love the engine details and the weathering

First Name
Chris
Cracking job Ian, beautiful piece of detailed armour. Good work.

Regards

Chris

S

Sky Raider

Speachless Ian. What a result. Another one that would look life like in the correct back drop. I dont know how you guys pull these off. Well worthy of the old 5* mate.

Andy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now thats a fine looking Valentine Ian, and the base is spot on mate. Got to be 5*.

Have fun, John