Mobile Phone paint app

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have previously been unimpressed with these apps that have been provided for colour comparisons/selection/mapping and have usually removed them after a short play.

However that has changed. There is one now that in its current version looks really useful. You can even take into account scale effect and set the scale and degree of weathering that you want. It is also very comprehensive in it’s brand coverage.

Not too long ago some instructions referenced a Gunze colour (my KittHawk F5 Tiger) but nowhere could I find what the actual original colour was. Neither was I able to be satisfied with the traditional colour matching charts. This app would have solved the problem as I could identify the colour in the Mr Colour range and see a whole list of colour matched by percentage from which I could select the most appropriate. I am not sure exactly how it works but 100% colour may not be a better match than a 98% colour but the point is you can compare shades.

There are a whole lot of other very functional aspects to it as well.

Available for the iPhone and I not sure what else. It’s is called ‘Model Paints’ with a lot of free functionality being fully functional for £2.99 per annum. Cheap as chips and well worth it.

some screen shots.622565E1-76C4-4F70-B7AA-47BD97534DD3.png3D21CBB0-864B-4A15-80AD-C0691FEDC492.png

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Direct link to the iOS UK app store for this — tap that on your iPhone or iPad and it’ll take you to where you can install it from.

(I don’t like subscription apps, though, and ad-supported ones even less, so I think I’ll skip this one.)

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I understand where you are coming from Jakko but the person who devoted his time, knowledge and skill to developing what is a workable and useful app deserves some reward. After all, most of the functionality, including what will be the most commonly used is free and the buts you pay for does not break anyone’s bank, a lot less than the cost of a pint in a pub per year.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Oh, don’t get me wrong — I don’t mind paying for an app. What I don’t like is having to keep paying to use it.