Mod Podge

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Guys,

I'm about to attempt a dio base for an AFV build. I've been watching YouTube vids and seen that a lot of folks use Mod Podge. I'm off to Hobbycraft tomorrow to get some supplies and see that they sell this stuff, is it worth using over plain PVA/Wood glue?

Cheers,

B

First Name
Steve
Hi Bob i saw mod podge in our local Hobbycraft a few weeks ago and not expensive if i remember right.

Steve.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Steve.

It's on their website so i know they sell it, I just wondered if there was an advantage of using it over regular PVA?

First Name
colin
Hi Bob I use the mod podge flat on my bases it doesn't really have that many advantages over pva I just like the flat finish it gives you.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Colin. I guess as I am doing hard earth and grass a matte finish is probably desirable.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Bob

Mod podge comes in a number of finishes, matte gloss etc. It is more like a thick viscous product to work with, much more pastey than PVC glue, so you can certainly produce rough textures with it. I would also consider Acrylic painting mediums for texturing terrain since they come in various types including some with pumice or sand mixed in giving various types of grainy finish and the acrylic media are made to mix with acrylic paints to produce a coloured surface.

John

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers for the info John. I picked up some MP this morning so I'll have a play. :smiling3:

Kelly McFadden

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kelly
I use mod podge when I make signs for my tiny dioramas. I'll print the sign out and then use mod lodge to lacquer it wood.
It's really easy to use.