Model Factory Hiro 1/20th scale Ferrari 801

M

modelmaker

Hi all this is the first kit based car model I've managed to finish in about well longer than I care to remember!

I decided to have a break from the scratchbuilding after just finishing my big Trumpy King tiger and give this kit a go. The actual build went together very well but the body panels were horrendous to fit! I've been doing alot of fiddling with the body and since given up , it still doen't fit as nicely as I'd like it to but Im now satisfied as the parts will be displayed next to the model. I had alot of fun all the same building it :smiling3:

Sean

View attachment 39506

View attachment 39507

View attachment 39508

View attachment 39509

View attachment 39510

DSC05440.JPG

DSC05441.JPG

DSC05433.JPG

DSC05424.JPG

DSC05423.JPG

M

munkster

Pretty damn gorgeous regardless of any issues you've had. Nice work.

R

Richy C

What a lovely race car , fantastic work Sean , for such an expensive kit you expect it to go together better but you`ve done a great job mate , being factory hiro I take most the bodywork is resin with the rest being mostly white metal ? I would love to have a go at a hiro build but well out of my price range at the moment.

Love it

Richy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm not a car man but that is very,very nice.

Cheers

Steve

M

modelmaker

\ said:
What a lovely race car , fantastic work Sean , for such an expensive kit you expect it to go together better but you`ve done a great job mate , being factory hiro I take most the bodywork is resin with the rest being mostly white metal ? I would love to have a go at a hiro build but well out of my price range at the moment.Love it

Richy
HI Richy Yeap they are expensive and for the money they should fit together ! The body on the 801 is resin but the Lancia D50 also a hiro Model is all white metal. Every thing on these models is either white metal and PE with small amounts of resin used, also very weighty when finished!

Cheers

all for you kind words:smiling3:

Sean

J

jjflash

Nice mate, especially the engine detail from what I see, great carb intakes !