Model shops in Lake District area

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Going away on a family holiday soon and my sons (and me obviously) would like to visit a model shop whilst down there. A quick search on google says there is one in Wigton but that's about all i can find. Anyone know of any other decent ones we could go to. We will be based near to Keswick if that's any help.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Going away on a family holiday soon and my sons (and me obviously) would like to visit a model shop whilst down there. A quick search on google says there is one in Wigton but that's about all i can find. Anyone know of any other decent ones we could go to. We will be based near to Keswick if that's any help.
Sadly Alan the one in Wigston is about the nearest one. I've searched everywhere in and around the surrounding areas of Kendal and not managed to find one yet.I've yet to visit the one in Wigston as it's a good 50 miles away from Kendal so I couldn't comment on it. There's a shop in Keswick that sells kids toys and models downstairs. Upstairs is for adults were you can buy hunting gear guns and knives. He used to have an extensive selection of all the brands but I've noticed this year it's been reduced. Probably because he wasn't selling any due to his over inflated prices. Didn't tell him though in fear if being shot! What I do when I'm up there is pop into all the charity shops but in the two years I've been visiting I've only come across a handful which were nothing special but brought them anyways. Anyhow good luck and hope you find something. You could always go for a walk on one of the many Wainwrights routes as some of the scenery and views are beautiful. Enjoy your holiday.
Cheers John
Here's a link: to the shop in Keswick Alan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers John.

I knew about the shop in Keswick and also knew about his prices. Although in saying that i got a cracking deal on a Realtree camo smock last time i was in there so he's not all that bad lol. We will try the one at Wigton as we were on about going to Carlisle one day so we can take the 'scenic' route along Bassenthwaite to get there.