Modelling away from home

First Name
Dave
I got made redundant last October.My working life now involves doing contract work away from home.So far I've worked in Cardiff,Cambridge and Manchester . The past 3 months I've been working at Glasgow airport, 426 miles from my home. I take models away with me to give me something to do in the evenings. I was wondering if I'm the only one.Or does anyone else do this?.My digs in Paisley are a bit crap.But I've got an old desk in my room which is ideal.I haven't brought my airbrush with me. So I airbrush all the interior parts at home.Them I assemble the model in my digs.And I take it home for spraying.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I travel for work too and often spend a lot of down time in hotel rooms so I sometimes take a modelling pack with me. Unfortunately for me I travel abroad so I am very limited to what I can get in my suitcase. I'm away now for a few days in Latvia but decided against bringing anything.

This is my set up from a two week trip earlier this year; http://www.scale-models.co.uk/topic/26413-detachment-workbench/#comment-326207

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I also travel often for work around Europe and like Rick I am limited as to what I can fit in a suitcase and take on an aircraft.  My  trips are usually short, one week is unusual, they normally only run to a couple of nights away but I can get two or three in quick succession.

My usual procedure is to do some research for my next build whilst I am travelling, think about a subject, read a bit of history, look for photographs, what kits are available etc.  Means I do not have to carry anything extra as I have my laptop and kindle with me anyway.