Modelling the Mark 1 A spitfire in 1/18 scale

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Looking good :thumb2:
Try painting the cardboard with a PVA water mix - it'll strengthen it up no end when dry
Hi Gery , thanks for the advice I just head to Bunning they have plenty of small boxes I can make into a dissent cradle. Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I am all ready to go to make a start on putting the landing gear motor into the cradle, first have line up a wire cable through the motor to the landing gear, going to be fun.

That will be tomorrow afternoons job

Tony20210709_201202.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

Good to see you back at the bench.

Hope the latest trip to hospital was not for anything too serious.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HELLO Tony spitty lookin good bet thats getting heavy now as it all metal how many more mags do you need to finish it ? an hope you feel better now
chris
Hi Chris, yeah she be a heavy plane with all those metal parts, got to make a cradle so I can lift the prop up off the table while working on the wings.
How are you and Jenny copping with the humid summer trouble being close to water all around you, Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, yeah she be a heavy plane with all those metal parts, got to make a cradle so I can lift the prop up off the table while working on the wings.
How are you and Jenny copping with the humid summer trouble being close to water all around you, Tony
HONESTLY Tony our summer here has been crap first its been bloomin cold an then a day or so when the sun has shone an then next day its been cold an rainging again this is the worst summer i ever had an ive put on to the guys that you are home on your hospital thread
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HONESTLY Tony our summer here has been crap first its been bloomin cold an then a day or so when the sun has shone an then next day its been cold an rainging again this is the worst summer i ever had an ive put on to the guys that you are home on your hospital thread
chris
Hi Chris, I have heard you have very wild weather events , storms , hate to live right on the coast of England , well it is very windy here, had visitors this morning went out side had all the hugs good by . Went to the end of our street where there is a new estate going in, we will have a through road , thanks for letting the guys know will check the thread out after posting the latest update spitfire pics, Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The spitfire latest update pics , it was a challenge putting it the gears for the landing gear and that wire was a pain I ended up just screwing the screw in a bit then put th wire in and tighten up bingo worked.

I have decider to modify the cradle for the plane to sit strengthen the middle and sides, work on that project for the next few days ready for neext fortnights mag parts which is the starboard wing aileron panels.20210710_071507.jpg20210710_081603.jpg20210710_094558.jpg

Tony from windy down under