MODELS for Heroes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

I mentioned this in some one else's topic.

No apologies for setting up a topic on it for those who did not see it.
Also as a reminder for those who did.

Lighten your stache. For the men & women service people who serve & look after us in the British Forces.
Some come back traumatized in many ways. Models For Heroes helps out as making models
does help those who have problems.

Not to forget all the happiness we find in model making is mostly from what happens in the armed services.

Please give it is very worth while to see people recover from their awful experiences.
Models any excess tools etc. all will be welcomed & used.

Laurie

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well said Laurie, my utmost respect for your enlightening efforts!
Nice donation on its way from from a member who wishes to remain anonymous.

View attachment 430191
Laurie,
I am with you every inch of the way - I haven't declared up 'til now but I assure you I have previously been supporting your efforts. Because of the (apparently) low interest in this utterly worthwhile cause I feel I should reaffirm your desire to make our members aware of the immense benefits of subscribing, Well done mate!
Steve

D

Deleted member 7237

Laurie,
I am with you every inch of the way - I haven't declared up 'til now but I assure you I have previously been supporting your efforts. Because of the (apparently) low interest in this utterly worthwhile cause I feel I should reaffirm your desire to make our members aware of the immense benefits of subscribing, Well done mate!
Steve
I tried to make members aware about nine months ago :sad-face: not much interest

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie,
Steve
Much appreciated. Very nice of you Steve. Getting a little despondent & hoped to make more progress.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5496

I tried to make members aware about nine months ago :sad-face: not much interest

I will keep plugging away Pete. Great admiration for the people behind the scheme who do all the work.
Part of the problem. 4 kits probably per year needed to help each of those who have the difficulties. So it is a very
hard job for the organizes to keep with it.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I have supported this type of charity heavily in the past, supplying a good selection of tools, two airbrushes, a compressor, and several dozen kits to Headley Court, and may again in the future, but right now do not have much to offer. I also volunteered to assist at Tedworth house, but heard absolutely nothing despite many contacts and messages. I applaud those that can support this initiative though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5496

Must admit I felt guilty as until I read the BBC article it had gone off my radar for a while.

But now on it. Not got a huge stash but something now & then. Amazing when every now
& than I have a good clear up & find numerous things never used & duplicates. Or look at a kit
7 think no never will build that. Bought on impulse with out thinking.

Last word (on this topic :tongue-out: ) Please support for those people. Reading I see that emergency workers are
included which is very nice.

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Did my part to Headley Court a while back with an M10 and LVT-4 Water Buffalo both 1/35 extra kits in the stash.
Incidentally the postage cost more than the kits from halfway round the world to make sure it got there. Worth it I'm sure.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well laurie ive only got two kits an i need them for my old age as they are very exspensive ones but i offered support for help for heros by showin my USS NIMITZ aircraft carrier in doncaster model show on our table an i dont know how much we collected as i was not told but i think its a very worthy cause
chris

D

Deleted member 5496

Did my part to Headley Court a while back with an M10 and LVT-4 Water Buffalo both 1/35 extra kits in the stash.
Incidentally the postage cost more than the kits from halfway round the world to make sure it got there. Worth it I'm sure.

Cheers,
Richard

Great work Richard. It is the final destination that matters & hopefully a lot of the happiness we get.
There is no doubt model making is therapeutic.

Like a sleeping pill I go to bed & think what am I going to do next. & there we are morning & I am doing it.

Laurie

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Whilst i totally agree with the fantastic work this charity does (long may it continue), i also have to point out that not everyone on here is in the position to donate kits and therefore should not be made to feel and/or put under pressure to donate. Please remember that guys when you comment.

I have given to this charity in the past and did not mention it on here. I also give money when i can to H4H, RBF and SSAFA. Both RBF and SSAFA have helped me out massively in the past after i tried to commit suicide.

D

Deleted member 5496

Not aware of any pressure Alan. Certainly not my intention.

People have there own way of helping in the community.

It was just to remind or inform of the great work being done on behalf of these people who need help..
If you feel you can give fine but living on a pension or small income is not easy & understandably not
possible.

Have a model making friend who was an RAF man. In his car hit from behind by another car. His spine
injured now in pain. Pills taken entail him sleeping for long periods. Some one in authority has stopped
his security payments. So he relies on his wife's pension. He does not have models on the shelf one at
a time. Sad.

But he always has one on his work bench ;)

Laurie

D

Deleted member 7237

I have supported this type of charity heavily in the past, supplying a good selection of tools, two airbrushes, a compressor, and several dozen kits to Headley Court, and may again in the future, but right now do not have much to offer. I also volunteered to assist at Tedworth house, but heard absolutely nothing despite many contacts and messages. I applaud those that can support this initiative though.
Hi Tim very well done, I managed to help as a volunteer at Tyrwhitt House in Leatherhead Surrey for about 8 months about 4 year ago now with M4H and the veterans and Combat Stress, but my condition made it impossible to carry on helping I still going for a chat, well used to.
If you are interested there is a private M4H Facebook group which I am a member and can invite you or anyone else who is interested just PM me.
If you still want to volunteer I might be able to give you one or two names that might be able to help, I know a few centers have started up again.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yep, 1:1 scale LoL. Trouble is, my RA makes it a slow process as I bruise easily and can get joint problems if I do too much at once. Pushed myself too hard reflashing the lean too garage roof a couple of weeks back and have had to rest up while the damaged bits of the body heal ready for the next onslaught…